Friday, March 22, 2013

The One with the Trip

I have so much to tell you - grass dog dishes, GPS collar attachments, minor surgery... A trip!

I had some super dee dooper photos of Lexi modeling with her new dish but SOMEONE moved the photos from MY iPaw to the laptop and they are gone for now. (That someone has only two legs.) SO... To embarrass her a little bit, I will have to show you a picture of my boy using the dish.

Let me back up... Lexi came to us from a rescue and she was saved by them after being a STRAY on the streets of Alabama. Can you imagine the horrors? :(

Well she has been SO hungry and maybe worried about getting another meal - I keep telling her it's like an unending buffet but she thinks it's too good to be true. She sucks up her food and doesn't even chew!!! Then she is famished and begging for more food.

The usual tricks didn't work: a can in the bowl to slow her down, a bowl with knobs in it... So... Mom got online and found a dish that looks like a patch of grass. She will sprinkle the food in it and Lexi plucks it out one by one. It takes her 5 minutes to eat a cup of food. AND... She chews and hasn't been as starving!!!

Now... The embarrassing for mom photo... She gave my boy some dry Cheerios, turned around to get a drink and turned back to find him testing out the new dish! BOL! See his cereal scattered in there?



Interesting food dish, isn't it? I tried it out myself today when Lexi left some food behind. Yes, you read that right! She's no longer so hungry or nervous she inhales her food without even knowing it! Mom loves this dish (GREEN by Northmate an Interactive Dog Feeder)... And I thought it was pretty fun!

GPS... I'll save that for the next post. That's not as fun. Ugh!! Neither was my minor surgery to have ANOTHER growth removed. (More news on that on 3-4 days but my doc thinks it's nothing to worry about so....)

Something super fun? We are on a trip!!! Headed to the beach! It's our first Airstream trip of the year. We stopped halfway for the night and will arrive tomorrow.

More to come!

Falling asleep on the job - watching over my mini-two leggers. (You can see the GPS on my collar. Sigh. My sisters have them too.)



ALWAYS sleeping on the job: Miss Phoenix.








At a stop light, Lexi had to copilot.









Our campground for the night!





PeeS- the 25th is fast approaching. A special someone (SARGE!!) has a birthday on Monday!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPaw!

9 comments:

  1. OMD OMD Zona you are ALREADY out and about in the Airstream??? THAT is grrreat.. We love the GRASS Feeder thingy for Lexi. Perfect... and FUN. We are so glad that Lexi can now enjoy a nice leisurely meal.
    Oh how CUTE your littlest Two Legger is.

    GPS??? What is THAT about??

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, never seen or heard of a dish like, how interesting that it works so well. Have a blast on your trip in the airstream, keep your eye on everybody!

    Your mPals
    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  3. Khousin Harley tends to GULP - so my mom puts his on a khhookie sheet - that helps!

    BUT OH MY!

    Lexi is one furry lukhky khanine!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: Those human puppies sure are khute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That feeder looks absolutely diabolical. But if it works, then I suppose it is all good.

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^Interesting comment there from Anonymous!

    Lexie is a beauty! I've never seen a dish like that before. Glad that it helped her slow down when eating.

    So sorry to hear about your growth, Zona! I hope that's the last of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Zona Girl!
    Wow, I'm so super sorry that I missed this post! Bad bad bad. Anyway, I love that you're going camping with the pack already this year. Lexi is gorgeous and I'm sure a very happy pup now. You look amazing as always and I hope to see more pix of your vaca!
    Grr and a Loving Woof,
    Sarge, Boyfuriend

    ReplyDelete
  7. LHPS Plumbing - boiler repair bromley are the experts to name for a wide range of home and commercial plumbing services to Croydon and the surrounding area, including CCTV drain inspections, installation of rainwater tanks, blocked drains and fuel service repairs. In case you are trying to discover a plumber from a good plumbing firm in an emergency, you will be glad to know that we now have a 24 hr plumbing staff for emergency plumbing services in Croydon, defending plumber croydon the complete of the Croydon Borough and surrounding areas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good day mates, sorry the spammers got to you, hope you are all well,

    Nuk

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails