Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The One on the Eve of Treatment

My sister Cali Bear has her first chemo treatment tomorrow. This was her and my new human puppy, Jenna, on Monday waiting for the diagnosis.



We were hoping some strange allergy or infection but, unfortunately, it's Lymphoma. I promised my mom that I'd ask my pals for any advice: personal experiences, etc. We've only begun to research the different treatments and holistic options so any and all advice is welcome!!

The good news is Cali is doing great! She's her usual puppy self, despite her softball sized nodes. Her snoring is a bit louder and some labored breathing but that's not getting her down!

Tuesday night she was acting like she hadn't even had surgery that day! And the prednisone the last couple of days is already helping. Here's hoping the treatment tomorrow shrinks those lymph nodes even more so she feels even better!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPaw!

5 comments:

  1. Our neighbor went through it with flying colors. All our paws are crossed and sending lots of good vibes
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. We Beaglebratz send POTP an'sum healin'vibez tue Cali Bear.
    Shiloh'n The Diva Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wee is sendin da veri bestest healin vies n pawsitive forts fur Cali, wee s sure hers will sail frew did butts wee will keeps her in our prayers too Zona.
    Lovs
    Da K Krew
    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I's on a breaky, I had to stop by and say I'm thinkin' bout sweet Cali and sendin my best vibes. We've had to fight a few different K-9 cancers in our life but never Lymphoma. Hoping the treatment puts her right into remission.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Zona Girl!
    Wow, I'm so very sorry to hear about Cali! I'm adding healing vibes from my pack to all of the others from Blogville, so I'm sure she'll be fine. Hoping for the bestest and crossing all paws and fingers.
    BTW: Baby Jenna is ADORABLE!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Boyfuriend

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails