Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The One from Home

I am overwhelmed by your comments and emails!!! They came pouring in and mom was still reading them to me as we waited for the v-e-t. They made me feel so confident and even helped my mom feel a little bit more brave. That's no easy task in these situations!!

The day was speedy for me! I woke up and watched everyone moving around and got lots of scratchies. My dogtor brought my mom into the back where I was to show her 87 million photos of the surgery. My mom is so weird. Anyways, when I saw her come into the back I stood up and sang for her. Everyone there will tell you I cried but I was singing.

They let me out of jail to stand by her. I knew she couldn't bear the three feet separating us for a moment longer!

I tested out my new knee parts very carefully and that seemed to make everyone happy. The dogtor said I might have a little more discomfort than just the ACL repair because he had to clean up some BONE that GREW where it wasn't supposed to grow. I have magical bones, I guess.

And he used some fancy words for arthritis caused by my bad knee.

BUT! I've been rebuilt and will be good as new! There is a bit of leash walking in my future before I'm free to run and roam my park on my own again.

But tonight I'm moving slowly. Mom is surprised at how alert I am but she says I look pitiful.



Phoenix keeps trying to cheer me up by attempting to coax me into playing. Cali is hovering but giving me my space.









All I want right now is to sit by mom. So she is trying to stay in one place.

I helped her put my boy to bed earlier, as always. I can't bear to be apart from them.

He played (and made a huge mess as you can see)...



... mom watched over him while she petted me.


I hope my furs grow back quickly!!!

Thank you all again. Blogville residents are THE BEST!!!!!!

PeeS: Some of you mentioned that you've been through this before, we'd love to hear your stories and any tips you might have!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPaw!

16 comments:

  1. Good to hear that all went smoothly for you, Zona. Hope the healing process goes just as well. We don't have any experience with this type of surgery but we hear it is best to follow doctor's orders. Our friend Chloe from Five Sibes just had both of her knees repaired, she had some serious damage too. Her Mom might be helpful if you have questions.

    fivesibes.blogspot.com

    Paws crossed for you.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  2. HIPPPPP HIPPPP HIP HOOOOORAY.... ZONA is HOME and All is right with the world. I know that you will be totally BACK TO YOUR USUAL FUN TIMES IN LIKE 87 SECONDS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for Zona!! You're a very brave girl!!

    -Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing better that a well doggie!

    Susie & Bites

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paws crossed here for you and sending scottie vibes your way. Sarge sent me over!!

    wags
    Jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are like my Lily, Zona. Hope you are feeling better. Sending you lots of healing thoughts
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fur will grow back in no time. For the time being, keep singing. You'll be as good as new soon, Zona. Have faith! You have our full support!

    I'll be back,
    Sankissjuice

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're so glad that you home and on the road to recovery! Make sure Cali and Phoenix wait on you paw and foot!

    Sam and Pippen

    ReplyDelete
  9. HEY ZONA GIRL!
    Wow, I'm so totally relieved (not that kind BOL) that you are back home! You look absolutely wonderful to me and your leg must be feeling better already. You have gorgeous long leggies and I'll be sending all my love and healing vibes until you are back to 100%...I'm sure it won't be long now.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such awesome news Zona! We are thrilled that you are back home with your fam. I hope that Mom is making you some chicken soup or that at least you'll get some ice cream. That always makes the hoomans feel better, so why not for us! Take it easy and slow for a while so that you can heal well. Plus if you keep playing the sympathy card, you'll get lot's of scratchies.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh boy!! I hate ACL issues. I had some issues a couple years ago but mine didn't require surgery... LUCKILY!!
    HOpe you recover quickly!

    Wiggles,
    Calhoun

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ouch!! Morgan sends her very best wishes, She tore her right one in October and her left a couple weeks ago, so she knows just how you feel. Take it easy, it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so happy to know everything went well!
    I am sure you will be fully recovered very soon!
    Take care, ok?
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  14. We've been there, done that. :) That surgery is not fun, especially when all you want to do is run around. Hope you'll recover soon, Zona!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMD! I am just getting over/better after my ACL surgery. Your scar and nekkid leg even looks just like mine. I am now 10 weeks into rekovring. Next vet appt is end of July. maybe I can start being off leash and freer. I like to twirl when I am happy. NOT good. Take it easy and I got my paws crosser fur you and your mum.
    Wags
    Ernie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read this the night you posted it, but for some reason that I can't remember right now, I couldn't leave a comment. It wasn't your blog, it was mine.

    I kept telling myself I would come back and say that I'm so glad the surgery went well, but I didn't make it back until now.

    I hope you're healed up as good as new now, Zona.

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails