Thursday, February 9, 2012

The One with the Lump

So.. you know how I haves trouble with ingrown hairs? (How embarrassing.) Well, mom noticed this bump messing up my beautiful hairs on my ankle. It was like a pimple so she thought it was another ingrown hair. We were going to wait until my next appointment to have the v-e-t take care of it but last night mom said it looked like a tiny strawberry tattoo! Now, I know I partake in cheetos and beers now and then but I would certainly remember getting a TATTOO!

So she took a closer look.

She freaked calmly called the vet's office and got me scheduled for today. I actually don't mind it too much there because they speak very softly to me since I'm a little nervous and always give me tons of treats mom doesn't let me have at home. After about 87 treats, Dr. Grimm took out a ginormous needle and sucked some of the guts out of my strawberry tattoo! Can you believe that??! Trying to butter me up with treats before sticking me with a NEEDLE. (Okay, so I didn't even feel it but STILL!)

Then he said we would know what was going on in 6-8 minutes. I waited patiently while mom spread my business all over Facebook.

He came back surprised. Amelanotic melanoma. I was proud of mom. She wanted to burst into tears but she was brave. Dr. Grimm said that she was a good mom for bringing me in so fast. He said left alone these nasties can cause lots of problems. But he feels confident that we're in a safe zone right now and, as long as we get it OFF me, I'll be 100% fine. Meaning, it shouldn't have time to spread. Mom still won't breath normally until it comes back benign like when Ginger had one on her toe but even if not, Dr. Grimm says he's not worried and we shouldn't worry either.

On the way home I was asking mom how they plan to get it off exactly and she just kept saying we'll go back on Wednesday and get more treats. Then I'll take a nap and it will just be gone when I wake up. That didn't sound too bad but when I explained this to Cali, she just about fell over laughing... what am I missing?

At least I'll get to have lots of fun at the dance before the big day!!

So, anyway, on Wednesday, will you keep your paws crossed? I know I'll be just fine but my mom will be an absolute wreck waiting for updates from Dr. Grimm... and then the waiting for results will begin... oh dear...

27 comments:

  1. OMD My bestest, sweetest, dearest Zona girl!! I'm horrified that you went through this ordeal without me. I can't believe I wasn't there for you. Your ankles are totally gorgeous no matter what and I am certain that this bump will turn out to be nothing at all. I promise to show you an EXTRA EXTRA grand time at the Vday party to get you ready for your appointment. Trust me, you'll be absolutely fine! Sending you loving vibes.
    Grr and A Devoted Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will keep you in our prayers!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. OoH Sweet Zona,

    Of course we will cross our paws fur you! We will send you boxer puppy prayers too. You will be just fine, YAY fur your mom callin' da V-E-T and not waitin'.

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae and Max

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that when you are together on VALENTINE's DAY... Sarge will Kiss your BooBoo Tattoo and make it all better.

    I will have my paws very much TIGHTLY CROSSED fur you next Wednesday. I know this stuffs is very scary and all... butt it will be totally FINE.. I just KNOW IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Zona! You're such a brave girl to deal with this so well. I'll keep you in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer! Too bad it's not just a wicked strawberry tattoo like you originally thought! We'll be thinking of you on Wednesday (and every day!) and hoping for the best. Good luck, Zona!

    Elyse and Riley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Zona! Of course, we will keep paws crossed fur you, and say an extra prayer too!!!

    Thank dogness your mom is so observant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy it is good your human got you right to the doctor. We will be waiting to hear how it turns out. But we are confused. Did you have the nap yesterday or next Wednesday.

    Bert and My vickie

    ReplyDelete
  9. My paws are crossed SUPER tight for you, Zona. And I'm sending my Most Pawerful Brindle Wishes your way. I know everything's gonna be just fine and I'm real proud of your sweet momma for noticing your new tattoo and getting you in to see the dogtor lickety-split. Please give her extra slurpy kisses from me.

    Wiggles & Wags,
    mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are thinking of you!
    ~Milly and Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  11. You just gonna have to calm Mom down a bit...maybe her needs some tweets! Me nose you will be just fine. But, yes, we'll all keep our paws crossed and send good vibes on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ღ˚ •。* ♥ ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* °♥ ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。
    *˛˚ღ •Just as you've always been so kind and sent good thoughts for our pups, we now send then to YOU!! We're keeping all our paws crossed and you know, we've got a lot of paws!!˚ ✰* ★˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰ •* ˚ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh sweet Zona! Paws crossed and thinking of you
    Dachshund Nola

    ReplyDelete
  14. Prayers and drool for you. We are so glad your Momma pays super good attention to you and it was found before it got to bad. Sniffs, The HoundDogs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wee will all havs a nice time ats da Valentines pawty Zona, n Sarge wil kiss dat booboo fing fur yoo. Wee will keeps our paws veri tightly crossed fur yoo on da Wednesday fur sure n will keeps yoo in our prayers too. DML holds a lot ovs stock in pawsitive finkin n pawsitive vibes so wee is sendin lots ovs dem yor way too

    Lovs
    Uji, Ronni n Izzy
    xxx xxx xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a very alert Mom there, Zona. We are glad she was able to get you to the vet so quickly. Paws crossed for all to go well for you.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  17. Zona, we were SHOCKED to read this. We hope it will be fine very quickly. Power of the paw your way right now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just relax Zona, everything will be okey. Your tattoo will be gone soon. Your doctor will take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh dear Miss Zona - that wuz not nice fer your vet tu git u all hyped up on treatz only tu trick u intu lettin'him stick u with a needle. But our pawz will b crossed an'our mom sed we all wood b sendin'good thoughtz an'healin'vibez your way. We hope tu c u at the Valentine's Day pawty.
    Shiloh'n Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy!!! Sending you good thoughts Zona
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh good thing your mom pays so close attention to you. Sending love

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Zona, you will be just fine. With all the good vibes from across the world your bump will be gone easy peasy. Special hugs to you all. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh dear heavens Zona! I was thinking you gots da tattoo on da udder ankle so then I gots all skeered.
    I am so proud of your mom fur not taking ANY chances and dat hers EVEN remained calm;)
    You knows withouts a doubt dat we is all thinkin' of you and we is heres to get ya'll through dis.

    Sorry but Cali cracked me up...hehehe.

    Puddles
    PS: glad ya'll could smile at my expense...hehehe. Short legged dogs has to haves step stools sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Zona, I am so sorry about that nastiness on your ankle. Thank goodness your mom found it and took you right to the vet. I just know you will be fine - my paws are crossed for you, my dear friend!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  25. Zona & pack.
    We are sending lots of doxie feel good vibes your way.
    Hugs to you all
    Love Ruby & Penny

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sending you good vibes and lots of crossed paws!

    ReplyDelete
  27. We're very glad that your Mom is like ours and notices things fast. It can make all the difference. We know everything will be fine once you get rid of that thing.
    Morgan, Tsar and the Porties

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails