Saturday, December 24, 2011

The One with My Annual Wish

The One with the Christmas Eve Wish


On Christmas morning, I wish...


For every dog and cat searching trash cans for breakfast,
a filled bowl with his name printed in bright letters.

For every dog who slept fitfully last night
chained in a frozen yard and every cat
who wandered the cold streets,
a soft, warm bed with a person snoring gently nearby.

For every lost pet, a clear, safe road and
well marked path to lead you home.

For every shelter animal, spending Christmas
morning in a soiled run, a forever home
filled with sounds and smells of family.

For every "Christmas" pup and kitten given today,
a tolerant, caring owner who won't abandon you
as you grow into a real dog or cat.

For every ailing pet, enough money for your
owner to pay the bills to make you well.

For every old and tired friend, a warm fire and
soft bed to ease your aches and pains.

For every pet at the Bridge, a moment when
you know that you are remembered today,
missed again and loved forever.

Author Unknown

8 comments:

  1. You've posted another of my favorites!! It's a wish that I also share!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SIGH.... So Beautiful and I Wish It all TOO!!!

    Have fun with Baby Nico tomorrow.. his FURST Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of my babies at the bridge and missing them all. Have a merry Christmas and we hope Santa is good to you.
    Morgan, Tsar and the Porties and Mom, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish all of the same things.

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas from me and the chi's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sweet Zona Girl!
    Wow, what a beautiful peom! I love this. I hope Santa Paws can make it all come true. I'd love for every pup and kit to have a warm, loving home.
    Grr and a Festive Woof,
    Sarge, Boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's beautiful, Zona.

    Wishing you Happy Holidays and a TERRORific New Year!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is just lovely! We wish the same thing! Merry Christmas!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails