Friday, December 16, 2011

The One for Sandra and the Pittie Pack

Many of you have by now heard the devastating news. The Houston Pittie Pack suffered unimaginable loss early this morning during a house fire. Click here to read Miss Mayzie's post. Blogville is flooding with tears. If you can, click the ChipIn widget to the left to help with their immediate needs. No amount is too small.

We are so thankful that all of the two-leggers, including the baby, and two of the Pitties got to safety but are heartbroken that five did not, despite best efforts. Run free Guero, Coco Chanel, Tiger, Lucky and, our Blogville Miracle, Shelby. I know you all had a record breaking welcome at the bridge.

If you have the time, we are posting comments on Sandra's post from a few days ago in support.

Frankie was so right when he said, "I never in all my life thought I would have such a difficult thing to have to post."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

10 comments:

  1. I've got a candle lit now in support of them. So sad; it just breaks my heart that this had to happen. Made me hug my chi's a little tighter and be grateful for all that I have, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh DEAR SWEET THOUGHTFUL Zona... I have been so miserable all day that I totally overlooked the RECEPTION that there must have been on the other side of the BRIDGE. THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THIS UP FOR US TO REMEMBER AND REJOICE IN!!
    OH the JOY... It must have been Wonderful for Shelby in particular... to have full vision and a totally restored body... that can now RUN LIKE THE WILD FREE WIND.
    Thank you for this insightful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zona,

    A beautiful post for our friends...

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  4. So heart breaking! Your post is a beautiful tribute.

    Wags!

    Mr. Nubbin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are my friends too, and I am so sad.
    I have my arms circled around them, and I know the angels are holding Guero, Coco Chanel, Tiger, Lucky and, Shelby.
    love,
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't follow Pittie Packs blog, but had read about Shelby awhile back, and her amazing story of survival. This makes this loss so much more heartbreaking and so very sad. Our candle was lit last night as I know many were, as well as prayers being said that comfort is found for the family. So many people are posting about this, and I am thankful there is such an outpouring of support and love for them at this terrible time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Zona Girl.
    Thanks so much for the beautiful post. The candle is so sweet and I'm so sorry for this loss. At the same time, I'm amazed at the love and support that Blogville always shows for everyone.
    Grr and a Sorrowful Woof,
    Sarge, Furiend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wee is still strugglin to takes it all in

    Ronnii, Uji & Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. We heard about this Friday morning and have been in shock since. A truly sad time for Blogville and the Pittie Pack family. Our prayers go out to them.

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails