Monday, June 20, 2011

The One for Hamlet and Rudi

I'm a little late in posting this but I couldn't skip over this just because I'm tardy.

Some of you might know Kim over at Golden Pines. She is a wonderful two-legger who opens her heart and home to rescues and fosters, often forever fosters. You know how mom and I so very much admire those willing and able to help dogs in this way.

Sadly, after a wonderful 19 months with Kim and her family, Hamlet has crossed the bridge. I know he was sad to go but it was clear he was ready. And I just know he felt blessed to have the love of Kim, Carl and the Golden Pines family during the sunset of his sweet and noble life.

Until we meet again, we'll miss you, Hamlet!!
If you can, please send healing thoughts for Rudi. After saying goodbye to Hamlet just the day before, Rudi was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma. This has all been quite much for the Golden Pines family in such a short time and I'm sure our crossed paws and healing vibes would be much appreciated.

RUDI
(I borrowed these pictures from Kim's blog.)

13 comments:

  1. I'm just getting online this morning and saw your post first thing--I can't tell you how touched I am that you've remembered Hamlet and Rudi on your blog today!! THANK YOU for thinking of us!!! The loss of Hamlet and the news about Rudi has been quite a blow but its been made easier because of those (like you!!) who have shared it with us.

    We are so thankful for another quiet night, and Rudi will go to her vet this morning to see if there's anything that can be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am sorry to hear about your friends. I don't know Kim and her wonderful dogs, but I will certainly keep them in my thoughts.

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Zona, what a lovely picture of you praying for Rudi and Hamlet. We know that Kim is the bestest mom and does all she can for her pups. We are hoping that Rudi can stay out of pain until he decides whether to go to the bridge or not. But we never, ever worry about how well they are taken care of. Kim is the best! We miss Hamlet so much, but are glad that he is running free now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, dear. I don't know them but I feel awfully sad for them. My paws are crossed real tight and I'm sending Rudi my most pawerful brindle wishes that he'll be okay. And I hope that dear Hamlet is having the bestest time romping at the Bridge, and I hope that Miss Kim's heart starts to heal real soon.

    Gentle wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our prayers and crossed paws being sent to Kim and her family and special prayers for Rudi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post! Our paws & fingers are still crossed for Miss Rudi. We hope she is doing better & better everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sad thing to have happen! Our thoughts are really going out to them. You're a good friend to think of them right now!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. We will keep Rudi in our thoughts. That diagnosis must have been devastating to hear.

    Mango Momma

    ReplyDelete
  9. My paws are crossed for Rudi.
    Take care
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  10. We kept thinking how wrong it was as we read Rudi's news -

    Paws khrossed fur some time -

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh,sorry to hear about your friends
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're so very sad about our Golden friends. We're thinking about them a lot and wishing them peace.
    Morgan, Tsar and the Porties

    ReplyDelete
  13. We didn't know Hamlet, but we have seen so many wonderful posts about him and Kim that we know he must have been a wonderful pup. Soft woos on his loss. We will cross our paws for Rudi - you know how we feel about the evil cancer.

    Hope Mom is doing well and we bet she is just so ready.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails