Sunday, March 20, 2011

The One where Ducks are Mean

First, a great big thank you to everyone. Mom is feeling much more centered today after getting some sleep and giving us all extra loving! We'll keep monitoring our lumps and bumps and take it day by day. Hopefully by my 6th birthday in a few weeks, my crazy bump will have disappeared! We'll keep an eye on Phoenix and reconsider whether or not her fatty deposit needs any attention. And Cali, well, the bump on her eyeball had some changes overnight but mom's hoping it's just irritated. She read about eye issues of this sort working out on their own so... we're much more upbeat today. Thank you ALL for the supportive comments. (I think mom was just overtired, if you ask me! She didn't get a nap yesterday. I don't know how two-leggers function without napping during the day!)

This morning I woke mom up by whining and crying my little heart out. She jumped up thinking I had an upset tummy and raced outside with me... to realize I was crying because I KNEW Scruffy, one of the neighborhood dogs, was visiting. She keeps asking me how I knew he was out by the garage from all the way in the back bedroom. Hehe.. I can't give up those kinds of secrets, mom! He's so small he can slip under the driveway gate to come visit us. (Phoenix is even a little smaller, but doesn't realize she can fit through there. Papa will probably have to put a wire across there if she notices that is how Scruffy is getting in and out!)

Later today, the boys were enjoying a swim....


Then papa let them out to snack on the grass. Not a big deal! Normally Phoenix is inside when this happens but she did fine. She was curious but Cali and I really couldn't care less about the ducks unless they're handing out food. However, today those boys were FEISTY! They were chasing US around! They would poke us in the butts too! Can you imagine? Don't they know we could EAT them? (And technically, Cali does dine on duck everyday!)

This video isn't for the faint of heart. And mom says I need a "do not try this at home" disclaimer. We've had these duckies for about 18 months now. Can you believe it? Obviously, they know we won't hurt them. They don't hurt us either. Poking each other is how they play other so I guess they want to play with us too... but I don't understand that kind of game. Mom gets nervous every time we interact... mostly with Phoenix. BOL Something about "instinct" and boring stuff like that. But we pretty much just run from them. If you'll notice - WALLY is the instigator most of the time! (I don't know why the first video is shrunken. My assistant must be saving it wrong. And don't you love how mom thinks Phoenix will understand what "encourage" means?)

video
Click play arrow to view video.

video
Click play arrow to view video.


Finally, I want to wish MáMá a very much happy birthday!!!! We wish we could celebrate with you!! ♥ ♥ ♥



24 comments:

  1. They look like lots of fun to play with! Even better than kittehs!

    Sam and Pippen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, enjoyed reading your post! Hope everyone is feeling okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to MaMa - hope it was a nice one for her.

    Those geese look like fun, but the Momster isn't so sure we would play nicely:(

    Still have our paws crossed for all the lumps and bumps.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, if those duck poked me in the butt, I'd eat them too!

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birfday MaMa...

    I would NOT want a duck if it was gonna bite my butt!!! Sheeeesh... Maybe they are all frustrated beclaws they wanted a Stella and Wally Kissing Booth or somethingy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to MaMa!

    Mom says that she was around chickens and geese when she was young and they could both be pretty mean, so she's not surprised those ducks could get fiesty with you! I think I'm going to stay away from ducks for a good long time -- like forever!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those ducks looked like they liked playing with you doggies. They didn't seem threatened.
    I'm not so sure I could have so much control...Good Job, Phoenix!!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Mama!
    I hope those bumps will disappear soon!
    Duckies! They are great, right?
    Take care
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, those were some action packed videos. I would have run like a little girl (don't tell anyone).

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  10. He he, it's fun watching those ducks chase you guys around. Mom says Bentley got chased by a goose once and after that he always chased geese when he saw them. I guess he had something to prove.
    Morgan, Tsar and the Porties

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Zona I watched those videos very late last night, ronnii had gone up to bed with her Popster and Richie was sleeping next to me on the couch but boy did he jump when I started laughing, I had a fit of giggles that was hard to control so I gave up trying to. Thank you so much for sharing them .

    Love
    Momma Tea
    xxx x xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Phoenix the Fearless! You are going to need beware of attack duck signs at your estate.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  13. We read about the booboos over at Sarge's place. We so hope they go away fast! Happy birfday MaMa!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Zona Girl!
    Wow, you pups are going to have to be duck-dodgers! Maybe they wanted to pluck a little doggy furs for a nest?!? Very cute videos and pix. Happy BDay to MaMa. Love the flowers. BTW: Pip has identified the criminal in our crime caper so we are ready for an arrest. How does a STAKEOUT sound to you??? We would have to do this before we could arrest anyone, don't you think??
    Grr and an Officially Snuggly Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  15. BWhahahaha! Luvs da duckies! But I don't tink they'd have a chance if my pack decided to pounce! We is a mean green fighting machine!!! (Until we get our butts bit)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Zona... I found my way over via Sarge ... I hope you and the rest of your furfamily is feel'n better soon!! Your ducks are woofly cute!!

    I'm following you now so I'll visit again really soon... tail wags ~ Dolce

    dolceadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday to MaMa! Hope you are feeling better Zona....please take care....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Zona and Cali
    I am cwossing my paws fow bof of you. hoping you get well and can just enjoy the fun chase of duckies and celebwating you Gwamma's biwfday!!!
    smoochie kisses
    ASTA

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wally and Stella were really feeling their oats there, weren't they? It does look like you all had a fun, if slightly confusing time and that's what counts.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL! Those ducks ARE mean. Watch out!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. BOL! Those ducks sure know how to stand up for themselves. They look so funny when they try to run. Hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That was funny! We think Phoenix is just trying to "herd" them, not "hurt" them, BOL!

    The Road Dogs

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails