Friday, February 11, 2011

The One with Friendly Friday


I've talked about Dogs Deserve Better on Friendly Friday before but you HAVE to hear about their most recent project. Remember that guy that mom can't even speak of without get
ting angry? You know the one... he's on the TV box almost every day and lots of people consider him a "hero" despite everything. Anyway, Dogs Deserve Better has a 45-day contract on the former Bad Newz Kennels property. They are trying to raise money to either purchase this property and bring "light to the darkness" by turning these horrifying memories at the Bad Newz Kennels into the Good Newz Rehab Center, a sanctuary for dogs in need OR to purchase another property to house the center in honor of those lives lost and damaged by the time at BNK.

You should check out their website and vote!

There have been a few articles recently published, such as this one from WVEC Channel 13 and the post on TruthaboutPetFood.com, to bring attention to this effort.


7 comments:

  1. I heard abouts this but I didn't know they were holding a vote. We'll have to go check it out. How do YOU feel abouts it? My mom feels kinda funny about the whole thing. On one paw, it would be nice to turn around the bad juju that's on that property. On the other paw, there's LOTS of bad juju on that property and it's kinda creepy. You know?

    Either way, I hope they raise enough green papers to buy a place to help even more doggies.

    Wiggles & Wags,
    mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a worthy claws. Thanks fur tellin us about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We heard about that plan of theirs! I really have my paws crossed that they get it. I'll go and vote right after I send this message!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Zona Girl!
    Wow, this is a very important post. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    pees: Valentine's day is coming up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Zona!


    See you at the Valentine's Weekend Blog Party!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about if we see about chaining 'him' on the property too?

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention! I'll check the link and see if I can still vote.

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails