Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The One with Scarlet

I know it's Wordless Wednesday but the most amazing thing happened today! My very much good two-legger friend Stacey came by today and brought a friend. A FEATHERED friend. Even though us dog-types had to watch from behind the glass door, it was SO cool!!! I think papa enjoyed it the most.

Notice Wally and Stella?
Can you imagine what they were thinking? BOL!
Here are some action shots Stacey has taken of Scarlet flying back to her fist.


Amazing isn't it? You KNOW my mom would be worried about getting flapped in the face or dropping the food at the last second. But Stacey is so amazing and so calm! It's no wonder she's one of the limited few on my loved list.

She told us that Scarlet, a 6 month old Red-Tailed Hawk, can see a mouse a MILE away! Her and I could be a great team... with her eyes and my ears.... There's so much to know about falconry... I should Google it so next time I have more cool facts!

14 comments:

  1. That's really cool! Maybe Riley could join your team too, she caught a mouse today. Yuck.

    Elyse and Riley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how DOUBLE cool drool is this... I posted about a bird named Scarlet today too... butt my scarlet is just little compared to YOUR Scarlet. Yours is a mighty huntress. That is sooooo neat. THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now dat is a beootiful bird! :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scarlet is amazing! I love the one with her wings open!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one amazing bird. As soon as we started to read, we thought about Frankie's post about Scarlet too. Two very different but very beautiful birds. Thanks for sharing her with us.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom loves those big birdies, very cool
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom has said a lot of times that if we ever move back out in the country that she'd like to take up falconry. I think a falcon would be a good hunting partner for me!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's one of my serious sparrows!!!

    Mom is making THOSE faces at the pawesome bird!

    She is just raptor khrazy - she khan spot them without even trying as she's driving down the road!

    Thanks fur sharing this!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see those red tailed hawks circling my estate sometimes. They are really beautiful birds.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is just too cool, Zona! How neat that you guys got your own personal show!

    Woofs and Kisses!
    The Fiesty Three

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow very cool! You have some awesome friends!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey My Bestest Girl Zona!
    Wow, I love this post! I have a neighbor who is a hawk just like this, but I can't get so close. Your friend is super wonderful and what a raptor! Very pawsome. Hope you're getting ready for a great holiday!
    Grr and My Loving Woof,
    Sarge

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails