Thursday, December 23, 2010

The One with a Christmas Poem

Repeat Day #3: My Christmas Poem

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The One Where They're Going to Party!

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all thru the room,
Not a creature was stirring, not even a vacuum;
The stockings were hung by the fish tank with care,
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;
Ginger and Cali were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of Greenies danced in their heads;
And Phoenix and I snuggled tight by the tree,
Had just settled down to catch a few z's.


When out on the deck there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the couch to see what was the matter.
Away to the door I flew like a flash,
Pushed open the blinds and gulped down a gasp.


When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer,
With a little old driver, so lively and quick,
I knew it must be St. Nick.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
And filled all the stockings; then turned with a jerk,
He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.
But I heard him exclaim, as he drove out of sight,

"Happy Christmas to all and
to all dogs a good life!"


17 comments:

  1. Oh MY... SIGH that is just lovely. SIGH

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved it. Too all dogs a good life.
    Love Ruby & Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Furry well pawed

    Then
    AND
    Now

    All need to have a Happy HOWLidays!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: Thanks fur your nice words on Thursday's post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To all dogs a good life!!! That about says it all!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zona,

    I just luvs your poem!
    Merry Christmas my furiends!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the poem and the pictures!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the poem and the pictures!!! I do hope you have a wonderful and enjoyable holiday!!! Oh and I hope that Santa is good to everyone at your house!! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to figure out how to tire them all out so they are still for a picture. they seem to keep getting more excited.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey My Girl Zona!
    Great story! This was just great. I really especially like the pix of your long-legged self on the couch. You look cozy and comfy waiting for Santa. I'm sure he'll be extra good to you this year. Having you for my bestest, onliest girl is the greatest pressie for me this year!! (Still, some toys and treats would be appreciated too. bol) I am sending you and your whole pack my wishes for a wonderful Christmas and the most fun-filled New Year!
    Grr and a Festive Woof,
    Your one and only Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Poem, Zona! Me and my momma both loved it!!!! and the Beard is pawsome

    Merry Christmas to you ALL! I hope Santa brings you lots of wonderful things.

    (PeeS....do Wally and Stella have their stockings up yet? I'm wondering what a Duck stocking looks like!?!?!? Heeheee)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love it! We also love how you put Ginger into the picture!

    Elyse and Riley

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! What a great job you did on the poem. But we don't think it's a vacuum, it's a monster
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  13. Most excellent poem, Zona. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, and in case I haven't mentioned it --

    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a great poem! You did great, Zona, and I love how comfy you all look there on the couch!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I think that is a Most Wonderful poem! And the picture at the end - priceless! I hopes you all have a magical merry Christmas!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails