Monday, November 15, 2010

The One with the Lock Down

Remember a few days ago when I broke the rules and left the yard graciously went visiting the neighborhood doggies? And remember how I said I heard the two-leggers talking about a gate and fencing?

It happened.

We live in a tiny neighborhood and only residents of three houses pass our driveway. Papa was home one morning and got all fired up about a teenage two-legger doing about 40mph on our virtually single lane gravel road. I'll spare you the details but aside from getting that taken care of with his parents, he got a gate up within hours. (Mom has been asking for this gate since we moved in.... back in 2002!) She was SO happy! Papa just had the materials lying around in one of the sheds.

Haha... just teasing.

Papa did some reading on the automatic gate openers and all the trouble they cause so he rigged up a pulley system, since mom is so lazy spoiled. We're in the testing stages but it's working great! You drive up to the orange cone, pull the cord and ta-da! Open sesame!

Then they park the car and walk over and close it so we can't saunter down the driveway to go visiting. Phoenix is completely unable to chase cars if the mood ever strikes her, as it used to when she first came to live with us... Cali sticks her face through the gate for treats from the delivery people but can't jump in their trucks... and I.... well, mom suspects I know how to open the gate but I'm not saying for sure. I did say they're in the testing phase so we'll see!

Not only are we blocked from the driveway, papa put up rolls and rolls of fencing!! Ms. Lisa the Crazy Cat Lady will be excited to know that we're now that much closer to being ready for goats! But my outdoor doggie friend Jackie will miss my visits since I can no longer walk under the fence to her yard. The back has always been on lock down but now the front is too. You probably have to click to make the picture larger to see the tiny fencing but it's there. I promise.


Oh well. Mom's happy because we're safe so that makes me happy. I guess. I'm pretty smart so I may find a way out of this prison - stay tuned! In fact, I was busy inspecting the perimeter all weekend so I'm late getting to your blogs. I'm making my rounds now, please excuse my tardiness! Did I miss anything exciting?

18 comments:

  1. Oh, boy, did you EVER miss some stuff! Whoo-boy! But I s'pose you'll find that out on your rounds.

    Your daddy is sure industrious-like. That's an awfully good looking fence and gate. And I know that it's fun to be footloose and fancy free but, well, humans are all abouts keeping us safe and stuff so I guess we shouldn't complain. Much.

    Wiggles & Wags,
    mayzie

    PeeS. My mom just read your comment abouts her being a child bride and now she's all giggly and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally got me! I thought you had moved into a mansion with that fancy gate! :)

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zona, I am very glad your papa put up the fence (sorry!) so you will stay safe and sound. It looks like you still have lots of room to run around in. If you saw my yard, you would laugh!!!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zona, it looks to me like that's not a yard. It's more like a park or a whole neighborhood or something. You have land, lots of land. And lots of fence now, too. Your Dad is a hard worker. Did you train him to be like that?

    lotsa licks, Lola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think twice about leaving prison, it sure looks nice there. We like the pully gate idea
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW me be wiv Lola that looks likes a park to me, my yard is the size of a postage stamp. I be so glad yu be all safe n sound now as I would hates fer yu to getz hurt Miss Zona yu be to precious to us all
    Luvs
    Richie
    xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. See how much your Mom and Dad love you - just wanting to keep you safe from the big bad world out there.

    You sure do have a beautiful BIG yard - we could have lots of fun doing zoomies there.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't feel too sorry for you with a yard like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zona,

    Mom and me would LUVS it if dad would puts a fence like yours around our yard, then I could do zoomies all day!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dad is most handy-dandy!!!!

    And how exciting that you soon will be able to have GOATS!!!!! Fur reals?!?!?!?

    MinnaK

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! I thought you was serious about the first gate!

    Licks,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  12. A perimeter check is always VERY important! I know because Morgan keeps insisting on it!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Zona
    What a great gate your dad put up to make sure you are safe.
    We just had our yard all fenced in too. We no longer have to go out on leashes. YaY!!!
    Love Ruby & Penny
    Pees - tell you mom & dad congrats from our mom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You certainly fooled me with that first pic! I like your new gate. Your daddy did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool so now we can come over and visit, all we do is pull the cord at the orange cone!!! We will be there soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are super jealous of all you space to run!!!

    Wags!

    Mr. Nubbin'

    ReplyDelete
  17. That first gate is lovely, but I like yours better. And you have a much prettier driveway!

    Kisses,
    Emma Rose

    ReplyDelete
  18. Silly dogs! With a great yard like that to play in, why would you want to leave and take risks? Good fences make for safe doggies.

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails