Sunday, October 31, 2010

The One with a Chick and a Duck

Okay, so this title is misleading. This isn't post about my ducks. But it's so rare that I can use an actual friends title! I figured you wouldn't mind the use of poetic license.

Mom, papa and the Crazy Cat Lady went to pick out hens today so I had to do a rare second post!

General is happy to have company. Now there are TEN in the coop!

As you can see, mom made me edit the names papa and I chose for the chickens. She gave us permission to name them whatever we wanted and then said our names were inappropriate! Sheesh!

You already know General Tso, our Araucana Rooster.


Our hens are....

Lemon Garlic a Gray Andalusian

Parmysean a Golden Comet Production hen

Francese an Americana

CacciaTory a Jersey Giant


Pica
ta another Gray Andalusian

Enchilada another Jersey Giant (she does have two legs!)

Marsyala a really pretty Cochin Partridge (look at her feathered feet!)

Teriyaki a White Crested Black Polish

Dumpling a White Crested Blue Polish

We hope to have eggs real soon. Anyone want an omelet to order??

General does crow but he doesn't wake us up. He's apparently shy so my blog assistant hasn't been able to get it on video yet. Booker Man asked if it's true that he crows all day and not just in the morning. He's right!! (Of course! He and Asa are so smart!) General crows periodically throughout the day but is quiet after dark until morning-ish.

We're loving the sound! We're on our way to being true Hobby Farmers!




Just so Wally and Stella don't feel left out!

16 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE the names!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! It sounds like fun. And yes - the names...what a shame they were edited. You had great ideas! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the names!!!

    Elyse and Riley

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a LOT of chickends!!!

    Woofs and Kisses!
    The Fiesty Three

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think the names you had "PECKED" out for YOUR chickens were "EGGS actly" right. Your mom just wanted "corny" names. Did she "Comb" through a lot of Name books to find them? She must be spending too much time "cooped" up at her work. I'm just sayin.
    I was just wonderin.. since you have so many different kinds of chickens.. will the eggs be all scramled?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the chickens - I actually really do like chickens! And Wally and Stella at the end cracked me up! Of course, we wouldn't want anyone to feel left out!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  7. Da incredible edible egg...bwhahahahaha!
    I like chicken ya know...and eggs.
    I would like to place an order...I would like an omelet with bacon, chicken, cheeto's, smothered in beer please.
    I still don't knows why your mom didn't likes da names you picked out.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing collection of chickens, some unusual one too there Zona, wish we had room for chooks I would like the fresh eggs.

    Love
    Momma Tea
    xxx xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The names are brilliant Zona! We never knew so many different types of chickies existed!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woof! Woof! The town nearby allows to raise chickens and I've seen them. NAMES are absolutely great. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do the eggs from those different chickens taste different?

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  12. The names are great! Whoa you have alot of hens now, mr General is going to be a busy man!! hehehe.
    Zona you are such a good girl to keep an eye on them. Haylie would keep a tooth on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OoH Zona,

    I luvs all of dere names too....what fun!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  14. What time is breakfast - we LOVE omelets!!! Congrats on the new family additions. We think the names are really great - so very clever.

    Hope the eggs start dropping.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those names cracked me up!

    I don't think you're going to be needing to buy eggs anytime soon!

    I used to work with a girl a reeeaaally long time ago and she used to bring in eggs from her chickens for us. I was surprised that they tasted different from what you'd buy at the store and that the shells were harder.

    Congrats on your new additions. The General is gonna be one busy guy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Zona !
    You're in the hen house now! Should I ask what's for dinner? I hear they taste just like beef. Will you serve them on a stick? BOL Great pix of the birdies.
    Grr and an Affectionate Woof,
    Sarge

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails