Thursday, October 21, 2010

The One with Blog Business

I have become aware that I have a problem. A compulsion you might say. I think most of you have probably noticed it. This is hard to talk about.

I'm Zona and I'm addicted to . . . exclamation points and ellipsis. My posts and comments - especially my comments - are peppered with these punctuation marks. I've be aware of this for a couple of weeks and have even tried to be more careful. But . . . no luck!!

I just get so excited and happy sometimes that I can't help but exclaim. I hope you will continue to be my furends despite this quirky behavior.

Speaking of furends, it's Thursday and you know what that means!!. It's time for the Thankful fur 3 Thursday Bloghop with The Teacher's Pets!


Welcome to Thankful FUR 3 Thursday Blog Hop! Why did I create this Thursday blog hop, you ask? Simply put, my three kiddos (Henry, Buster, and Daisy) want to meet three or more friends on their favorite day of the week and I thought their idea was pawsome!

This pet friendly blog hop is for every two-legged and four-legged blogger who wants to meet new and old friends alike. If you are not a fan of blog hops and do not wish to add your link below, we invite you to simply have fun, leave a comment (or not), and meet new bloggers who might strike your fancy.

Here are the guidelines of the Thankful Fur 3 Thursday Blog Hop:

1. We love your pawticipation and want to show it! In addition to gaining followers, each week we are giving today's Google Friend Connect followers, RSS reader subscribers, and e-mail subscribers a chance to be featured in next Thursday's blog post by doing the following:

a) Become a Google Friend Connect follower or an e-mail subscriber or subscribe in a RSS reader.

b) Leave a comment letting me know that you want to me to post a write-up (along with a profile picture and link back to your blog) for next Thursday's Blog Hop. When you comment please let me know what type of follower you are along with your blog address.

2. To join in the Thankful Fur 3 Thursday, include your link in our list and follow me and my co-hosts. Visit other blogs on the list and comment to give them some blog love.

3. When people comment on your blog and let you know they’re a part of Thankful FUR 3 Thursday, return the favor and follow them back. This way everyone gets traffic and followers for pawticipating, and it’s a win-win situation.

4. Remember, YOU can host the link list on your blog too! Just click “GET THE CODE HERE…” at the bottom of the list. By the way, we are an equal opportunity employer. No matter what your age, purrsonality, or breed we have a job waiting just FUR you!

Daisy, Buster, and Henry


29 comments:

  1. Zona!!! We are addicted to those things as well!! We think that it makes everything much more exciting... everyone should write that way!!

    Sam (!) and Pippen (!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean.....I use !! and ..... all the time and I can't seem to stop!!!! One of my writer furends says that extra exclamation points are disrespectful to the reader because we don't need to overdo our excitement but I disagree b/c how can we not be excited about things that we love?
    Anyway, speaking of exciting....have you read my post called "Why I Am Thankful For Blog Hops" yet? I thanked you in a very FRIEND-ly way ...heeehee..
    Speaking of thanking....Thank you for being a great blog hop co-host for the second time! You did a pawsome job and we appreciate your help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love exclamation points and asterisks and I make no apologies for it! I say go with what you like!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is SO nothing wrong with that! ! ! !

    After all, I'm addikhted to pawing in Khyraese - and I've heard from some sources that some don't khare fur it -

    Oh well, it is the language I know so I must use it!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra!!!!!!!

    PeeEssWoo: ! ! ! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zona! I think maybe this is why we get along so good! Cuz, well, things in my life are just always so exciting and I can't help but let peoples know about it. Plus, I just get so excited for my furends when happy things happen to them, too! So I wouldn't worry not one bit abouts your use of exclamation points. Cuz, if you ask me, life is worth shouting about!!!!!!!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zona! I'm following you from the Blog Hop! I too, am addicted to those things! Why use just one exclamation point when you can use a lot?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Elyse and Riley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello !!! I'm Frankie and I'm Addicted...... to both ...... & to !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zona we should start a support group - we are awful with exclamation points! Mom has said that we use them way too much - mostly in comments - but well, we just can't help it!! Oh, and we are ok with ellipsises - it is dashes that are our other problem! But we think it sounds like a lot of the bloggers out there could use a good "addicted to punctuation" meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hee hees... guess what!!! us Elgins are 'da same way!!! Snorts!!! And... we's also tell {bad} Great Jokes too's!!!! ha ha hee hee hu hu hehehahahhaheehee SNORTS!!!

    We's still yous friends... furiends don't let friends type wits no jive!!! BA HA HA HA!!

    Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IzZY, Josie, TriXie and Anakin Man (P. Mastiff)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miss Zona,
    Of course admitting you have a problem is the first step. Maybe now you need an exclamation point buddy to call when you get the urge to use too many. Of course one cannot totally reject the use of CHARACTERS and SYMBOLS!!!! to express onself, but moderation, my friend, moderation.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Zona, I am a new follower from the blog hop. My little ones, Chloe and Cecil, do not have their own blog but maybe that will have to change!!!! I love the exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, we are the OP Pack, and we are addicted too. But we don't care, it's fun and why not exclaim when things need exclaiming!!!!!!!

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Zona Girl!!!
    I say go for it! You may have noticed that this is yet another thing we have in common...I do it too!!! The more the merrier! Why not express well-punctuated self...I sure do...all the time!
    Grr and an Affectionate Woof,
    Sarge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hah! You've found yourself a new friend in the same predicament. !! I like to think it's just because I'm such a perky and positive girl. It's really hard to avoid it, isn't it? Well, I'm thankful for Thankful Fur 3 Thursday blog hop, that's how I met you! (sigh, sorry...but I refuse to delete those punctuation marks ;D)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never even knew that ... was called an ellipsis. I use ... instead of a comma like a pause.
    I looked it up and now know that ... implies an omission of words.
    Do I care... not so much!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sprinkles and I'm addicted to . . . exclamation points and ellipsis!

    I've been aware of it for awile now and even tried to change... It didn't work out so well so I just kept on doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoot!! We are sooo.... gett'n along. I love quirky behaviour.

    ReplyDelete
  18. When I was on the board of the rescue, I had someone who commented on my use of so many "!!!" too--I never noticed it, and try to keep them in check, but I'm not always good at it!!! :-))!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My mom person is really crazy with the exclaimation points too! She says it bugs her, but she cant helps it!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  20. Uh oh! Sounds like we need to start an EE support group. I;ll be one of the first ones there too! I use both all the time but I have to say, you are one smart doggie because I didn't even know this...... had a name!
    Snuggle,s
    Twix

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do that too!!! I read somewhere that Americans use a lot of exclamation points; it makes everything sound happy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. us too. They add a little pizzaz
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  23. awww, miss zona, i love the exclamation points, too!! you are not usin' them too much at all, and besides, it just lets everybuddy know what a happy 'n joyful doggie you are! hooray for exclamation points!! :)

    *woof*
    the booker man

    ReplyDelete
  24. zona,
    you are a happy ray of sunshine, and why should your writing style not echo your personality? exclamation points suit you to a T, sweet girl, so use them exactly as you see fit! :)
    i need to send many, many thanks to you and your mom and dad! my husband completely surprised me with the gingerbread project that he posted on booker's blog the other day...i had no idea he had been working on that for me. thank you so very much for contributing towards my goal! it really touched me that you would be willing to do so even though we have never met in person. i am grateful for your kindess!!

    *hugs*
    noelle -- the booker man and asa's mama

    ReplyDelete
  25. Zona, I thought I was the only one!!!!! I have this same affliction!!!!!!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  26. Don't worry, Zona!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We like 'em too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We could never NOT be your furiend!!

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails