Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The One for Seana

You better take a potty break and grab some munchies before starting this post... it's a long one!!

:: waiting ::

Okay, I know the blogiverse has been buzzing with some new family members as of late...


Welcome to the Elgin Pugs "Foster" TriXie and MinnaK's So Far Nameless sister! I ALMOST got to join in on the fun. But.. carrying on the theme for the summer.. our family did not grow as planned. BUT! It's good news! Let me explain...

You may remember waaayyyy back last summer when mom's co-worker got a brand new labra-dudette puppy... and she was very much shy like me. Mom gave them lots of unsolicited advice, like books to read, websites to visit (fearfuldogs.com) and stories about different things that helped me become the social butterfly I am today! Okay, that's still a little bit of a stretch but it's my blog so I can stretch the truth sometimes. Anyway, after some time things settled down for this sweet puppy, Seana, and she settled into their family.

Flash forward to one week ago... due to some unfortunate circumstances, they could no longer keep Seana. Upon hearing that something dire might happen, mom told papa about it and.. gearing up for the ardous task of convincing him that we would once again be a four dog household.... my papa said, "Why don't you tell them we'll take her in?" So much for planning a big speech! This shouldn't surprise mom because my papa is the best papa I could ever ask for and mom says this is one of the many reasons she loves him!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SO... they began to convince this family to let Seana come be a part of our spoiled pack. Her two-leggers at the time were hesitant for mom and papa to adopt her at first because, I left this part out earlier, she needs surgery. Yep. She tore her CCL when playing with another dog and needs expensive surgery AND then she'll have an extensive recovery process. Mom and papa didn't care about that. They said they would figure out the financial part and the additional family member situation as they went along. They knew what they were getting into... so, happily, the orginal plan was off and, as of Friday afternoon, she was going to come meet us on Sunday. I was very excited!! Our vet, my friend Dr. DeAnna, was going to come see her and mom even had a costume for her so she could be in our annual Halloween picture.

Then.... Saturday morning they called to say they realized the adoption contract from her rescue stated they could not rehome her but she had to be returned to the rescue, which worked out wonderfully for Seana. I guess being sisters wasn't in the plan for us. I think our purpose in her life was simply to buy some time to guide her back to her foster mom. Either way, it worked out for the best because she is on the right path!

Which leads me to a request for the Power of the Paw.


We know how well it works so if you wouldn't mind adding her to your Paws for Prayer lists, she will need it during her long recovery! And if by chance you have any green papers earmarked for good causes, there's a ChipIn fundraiser on the Dog World Rescue page (and below) to help raise the money for her surgery. Every dollar will help!

15 comments:

  1. Sorry woo didn't get a new sisfur this time but what a nice gesture fur Seana and her furamily -

    Paws khrossed fur so many reasons -

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a most remarkable story and we will certainly add your almost sister to our prayer list. Your papa sounds pretty darn amazing! It would have taken lots more convincing with my papa.

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  3. ZOna,

    Your mom and dad is da best! I too am sorry dat Seana couldn't be your sissy but at least she is goin' to gets da help she needs. We will try and helps her too. :)

    Puppy prayers fur Seana is on da way!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zona I agree that Seana is on the right road. I was wondering if you might like to have some sort of Auction or something to help with her expenses. I would be willing to donate a couple of Items to be bid on. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one special Papa you have there - too bad it didn't quite work out the way you all hoped, but at least things are still good for Seana. We will cross our paws for a successful surgery for her. And we are sure there is an addition to your family down the road - just be patient:)

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh Zona I am so sorry you didn't get your new sister but I know that the right dog will come alond for you and the rest of the family when you least expect it and you will all know instantly that this is 'THE ONE' . Trust me I know this for a fact.
    As soon as I get some spare green papers I will add some to Seanas fund from us lot.
    Big hugs to you all
    Love
    Mollys Momma Tea
    xx xxxx xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry things didn't work out for Seana to be your new sister. I'm glad that she'll still get the care and love that she needs.

    And yes, I agree with ♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ - I'm sure there will an addition to your family down the road. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Zona~

    That is truly a touching story and we are sorry she didn't get to be your sister, but it's amazing how she crossed your path and your Daddy's heart was open to her. Yous Paw sounds like our Paw.

    You have such a loving family.
    Our thoughts and pawrayers go out to her and who knows what is waiting in your future.

    We send our love to you all as well!!!
    Thanks for the welcoming TriXie our "foster" hee hee... yeah... sure.. Foster Smoster..

    Hugs!!!
    IzZY, Josie and Anakin Man and TriXie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've got all forty paws crossed for her recovery.
    Morgan, Tsar and the Porties

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww, Zona. I'm so very sorry you didn't get a new sister but I'm SOOOO very happy she's gonna be safe and sound with her fostermomma. Like you said, you all had a very impawtant role to play in her life. Thank you for helping her along the way. I'll make sure my mom gets out her magic plastic card and sends some green papers in for Seana. I hope she gets all better real soon!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  11. what great pawrents you have. We will keep all our paws crossed for Seana
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  12. It seems like everything is working out for the best for Miss Seana! Paws crossed that her surgery goes well. Who knows? Maybe a different sister is waiting in the wings for you!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Zona
    You have an amazing family! That's all I got to say and I know with your guidance Seana will be just fine.
    norwood

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Zona, dis is kinda sad dat hers didn't gets to come lives withs ya'll...but, at least her family didn't end up beinf another Ellen Degeneres..if you gets what I'm talkin' bouts.
    Now, my dad would haves made an appt withs a lawyer if my mum askeded fors another doggie...hehehehe! He don't think like mum.
    I gots a good feelin' Seana is gonna be's okie dokie.

    Puddles

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will be sending pawerful prayers for her to have a speedy recovery and a wonderful new home.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails