Saturday, September 25, 2010

The One with the Update

Greetings from Too Hot for September New Jersey! Papa, of course, loves it! Cali and mom wouldn't mind a few degrees shaved off the thermometer but either way it beats snow! Of course, I do love snow... but not when we're traveling with the Airstream.

Which reminds me... some of my newer followers might not be too sure what that means. Well, I am shy. So I feel better traveling with my own home. Click here for a tour I gave in August!

This time we've pulled this home on wheels, complete with my blankie and practice nemesis, all the way to NJ to visit with papa's parents. They have the most beautiful campsite just behind their house. Isn't that convenient?

Last time we pups didn't get to come along because of some two-legger only event that weekend (papa has sworn that won't happen again.... we'll see!). You might remember all of the wildlife that showed up while we were safely 300 miles away. Here's an example.

No, that's not Cali and a friend. It's a mama bear (sporting a beard) and her baby!! We're told they haven't been around for awhile but mom's being extra vigilant. You know how crazy cautious she is. So far we haven't seen too many creatures. Though papa ran into these 87 deer this morning in the driveway!

Uh oh... gotta run. Mom says it's time to get off the computer and have some dinner! I'll report back later!

PeeS: See how calm my face is looking already? Those medicines are working FAST! The extra attention and Thursday night's Big Bang Theory season premier helped a little too. Thanks for all of your advice furends.

17 comments:

  1. Wow, Zona, I am so glad you gave us the tour of the scenery outside of your Airstream! I would love to see both the deer and the bears...such beautiful and amazing creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would like a chance to see that wildlife all up close and personal if I was there! You are one lucky girl! I love the way you travel, too!

    I thought that robot was the funniest thing ever!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was hot here in UpState NY yesterday too Zona. Today it cooled off and tonight it will gets chilly! I hope it does the same fur you in NJ!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zona, I am a little shy, too. But you know who I am not shy around - DEER!!! I absolutely LOVE to bark at them. I have never seen a bear in person that might be a little scary.

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  5. You enjoy your trip Zona! It looks like a wonderful place to hang out. Just make sure all da wildlife you meet are da deers!! That momma bear and baby make an uber cool piktur....but you don't want to meets them in da fur....okay?

    MinnaK

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed the season premiere ep of BBT. I'm so bummed. Didn't know I wouldn't be home in time so I didn't set the DVR.

    Hope you're having fun with all that wildlife.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay, miss zona! your snooter is lookin' lots better! :) let us know if you run into the bears! i'd love to hear a first paw report of what it's like.

    *woof*
    the booker man

    ReplyDelete
  8. We heard from some friends that it was a warm day on the East coast. It is 57 here right now and we are all loving it. The rain stopped so we are all chilling on the deck before Mom makes us go to bed. Hope you have a fun time in NJ.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool wildlife shots! Wasn't the Big Bang Theory the best on Thursday night! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zona yur are vewy lucky! I is gonna post tomorrow about my camping trip...nuffin like yurs. Mamma wants a get a house on wheels too.
    I like seeing dose udder fur furends...but I wuld hafa stay inside and just look fru da window!

    giant wet kisses,
    Roscoe

    ReplyDelete
  11. 87 deer?

    We had 87 degrees!

    It is so WRONG!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our weather was 87 yesterday & 55 today. My mom person says her head is going to esplode if it keeps going back & forth!

    I'm jealous that you got to go camping, it's so much fun isn't it?

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yuh, it got wicked hot here for a couple of days too, but we didn't see any bears! Yikes!

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those bears look kinda scawy Zona.
    Hey, did yall love TBBT Thursday or what!!!???

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice photo's :D
    we got some dear in our forest! :D

    Kissslobbers
    El'bow & Hauwii

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love seeing the 87 deer!!! hehehe
    I am soooooo glad that your sniffer snooter is better.
    that is a beautiful place for your Airstream.
    It has FINALLY cooled off here.. Friday it was 92 and right now it is 62! Sheeesh
    Enjoy your vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool pictures...From the hottest day all year in California!
    Snuggles,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails