Saturday, September 18, 2010

The One with Mango-ness

My furend Mango, as you know, is having an "I Wanna be Like Mango" contest. As Puddles pointed out, we are girls and don't have the... ummm.. well... we're girls and he's a boy so how can we compete?

A couple of days have gone by and I've been thinking about my sister Cali. Now, Puddles, I know she doesn't have the parts Mango has but perhaps she can enter as a She-Mango, as the Great Mango suggested.

He is SO generous that he's donating one green paper for every contest entry to the Tufts School of Doggie Medicines. Isn't that amazing??? He is allowing entries until September 25.

So I present to you... my sister CALI!

How is she like Mango? Well.....

They are both avid gardeners.




And daring athletes.




They are both are known to shun stairs.




And are both patriotic pooches.
.



They are both snappy dressers.




And love the open road.




They are both gentle treat takers.





And helpful assistants.
(Okay so Cali is mostly around
during break time but...)





They are both a bit slobbery.
(Umm.. can you pretend that all of that
ice and snow is slobber in this one? Hehe..)





And LOVE school.




They are both well known
for their immodest poses.




And are both kind to their
pack mates
at all times
(for which I am eternally grateful).




They both have remarkably expressive faces.




And are both kind to stuffies.




Not to mention, they both
possess model good looks.




Didn't I tell you they were a lot alike?? Sometimes I call her Mango by mistake! Now I know she's a girl so she isn't TRULY like Mango but there you have it! My entry into the contest. Thank you for your generosity, Mango Man!


22 comments:

  1. I think Cali is lovely, but then I have a real thing for big black dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in the contest!

    Kisses,
    Emma Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe we can call her Mangorella. Cali is so beautiful. And Zona, you made a good case for her entry. Good luck in the contest.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Your arguments are valid. I don't see how Mango is ever going to pick just one winner.

    lotsa licks, Lola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the expressions...BOL
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Immodest poses ROKHK!

    Furry nice entry!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fink yu got dis un in da bag!!! I wuf da photos! Good luck in da contest!

    giant wet kisses,
    Roscoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can totally see the resemblance! I wish you good luck in the contest!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate stairs, too!! They are just impossible!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ummm not you too.!!! Don't fall for this I wanna be like Mango! I've seen him up close. He always has his crayon out and singing luv songs...
    norwood

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well looking though the post, I have to say they are very well matched, I like me steps to much so I don't think I will take part:)
    See Yea George xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! A she-mango for sure. Good luck with the contest.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miss Cali you are so Pretty!! You and Mango have so much in common. Do I smell love in the air?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwwwh, Miss Cali! I thinks you make a pawsome SheMango! (don't tell MangoMan butt you is much prettier......) Heeehehee

    Good Luck in da contest!

    MinnaK

    ReplyDelete
  15. miss zona,
    yuppers, miss cali is totally a she-mango for sures!! what a grrreat contest entry. good lucks!

    *woof*
    the booker man

    pee s -- me and asa and mama totally dig your pack mail address label!! we saw it on miss maggie mae's package. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. we love this :D
    just perrrrfect

    Kissslobbers
    El'bow & Hauwii

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Zona,

    Wow - what a pawsome entry! We're sure that Mango is going to be relentlessy impressed, we know WE are! We're going to have to sort out an entry sharpish, especially if generous Mango is donating to such a great cause. Mango truly rocks - no wonder EVERYPUP wants to be like him!

    Good luck in the contest - we think you've got it in the bag!!

    Schnazuer snuggles - JD and Max.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't read all the entries, of course, but I think Cali has presented her case the best so far out of the ones I've seen. Good luck, I'll be pulling for you!

    Chico is like Mango in that Mango is quite large and Chico just thinks he is! Shiver probably thinks he is too.

    I was an avid Friends watcher too and forgot all about Matt LeBlanc breaking his arm. I remember those episodes now with the cast.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are going to win -- I just know it! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh yes! That's a Most Winning entry, for sure! I especially like how she can turn all her slobbers into SNOW! Did Cali know you entered her? What did she think about that?

    Wiggles & Wags,
    mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cali, we thinks the snow slobber was inspired. We don't thinks even Mango could slobber that much. We certainly thinks you qualify as a female Mango.

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails