Thursday, August 26, 2010

The One After Monticello

We had a fantastical time with Aunt Katie. My only complaint is that it was too short! And Phoenix says she missed playing with Mesa. Miss Mesa usually flies out with Aunt Katie but stayed home this visit since the her in-cabin doggie ticket was very much expensive. She's not quite 10 pounds so Phoenix loves having someone almost half her size to play with for once. Cali loves Mesa because Cali loves... well everything and everyone. I'd rather not admit this but Phoenix is threatening to sneak onto my bloggie later to spill the beans so... I will confess that I might be a teeny tinsy bit intimidated by Mesa. Phoenix is laughing at me.

MESA
She is cute though. But.. yipes.. she is nippy with me!

Anywho... we had a great visit. The two leggers went to Monticello one afternoon.

This is my mom and Aunt Katie late in the day as the giddiness set in!

One day they went to the National Harbor and browsed through this pet accessories store. Mom said everything was too small for me though. She said I have runway legs, which apparently don't fit into pet accessory store clothes.

Scruffy, Phoenix's secret love, came by one rainy morning to see if he could meet Aunt Katie. Look at him making himself right at home on my deck.

For more photos of the week, click here!
Aunt Katie took more so once she posts some,
I'll sneak a few to show you.

13 comments:

  1. It looks like a lot of fun was had by all, which is the way it's supposed to be! I can see a bit of hidden mischief there in Mesa's eyes!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Mesa is very cute, but I agree with Bunny, she looks like she might be up to something ...

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  3. too bad little Miss Mesa couldn't visit. She could have borrowed some frequent flyer miles from George in England. He racked up a ton of miles flying back and forth for all the wedding parties!

    Mesa is a very interesting name, too!

    MinnaK

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's how it is when Auntie Di khomes to visit ME!

    She is no sooner here and then she's gone - bakhk to khook her brains!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zona,

    Your mom and Aunt Katie is very pretty. My mom has two sisters, dey lives close to us so we is lucky and gets to see dems all da time. someday my mom hopes to visit Monticello too. :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a fun time! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh, dat be's a cute little doggie. I thinks I likes her. Her gots a 'tude like me...hehehe!
    I gots runway legs too. Why you laugh? Mine just be's shorter...bwhahahahaha...okays, I pull your legs.
    I so glad your Aunt Kaitie and your mom gots to spend some time togethers. Your mom prolly needed it. Gives her hug will ya?

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dat hug was from me to her.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mom and Aunt Katie are both very pretty. And Mesa is a cutie. What kind of dog is she?

    I'm glad you had such a nice visit, I know you were really looking forward to her coming. Hopefully next time she can bring Mesa along too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't blame you, Zona. Mesa looks pretty intimidating to me, too!

    It looks like your mom and Aunt Katie had the bestest time! My mom just luvs to gets together with my aunts. They laugh and laugh! (And I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with their mutual luv of margaritas.)

    Oh, and I have a hard time fitting into stuff from those doggie boo-teeks, too. I'm, ahem, rather well endowed in the chest area.

    Wiggles & Wags,
    mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lilly's the same way. Even though she's part chihuahua, she has to wear a Medium because of her chest. (Dolly Parton wanna be, maybe?)

    ReplyDelete
  12. miss zona,
    it looks like your visit with aunt katie was super duper funsies! and asa wants me to woof to you not to worry about the pet boutique sizes not fittin'. she's got a big pittie chest, and she can't fit into anythingie either. oh, and of course i know exactly what you mean by runway leggies. teehee.
    *woof*
    the booker man

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails