Thursday, July 29, 2010

The One with Thankful Fur Three

Below I'll answer your questions about my tasty nom from Monday's post but FIRST... I am so honored to have been asked by Daisy and her mom over at The Teacher's Pets to host her Thankful Fur 3 Thursday Blog Hop! I'll let The Teacher take it away...
Welcome to Thankful FUR 3 Thursday! Why did I create this Thursday blog hop, you ask? Simply put, my three kiddos (Henry, Buster, and Daisy) want to meet three or more friends on their favorite day of the week and I thought their idea was pawsome!

This blog hop is FUR our loyal followers but it is also for NEW Google Friend Connect followers as well! If you are a NEW Google Friend Connect follower and if you want to be one of the 3 blogs to be in next Thursday’s SPOTLIGHT you need to leave a request in the comment box and please hurry if you are interested because only the FURst 3 requests count!

I like to keep things simple so here are the 3 guidelines FUR the blog hop:

1. To join in the Thankful Fur 3 Thursday, include your link in our list, follow the hostesses (The Teacher’s Pets and my lovely Shepherd-Hound mix pal Zona and my 5 minutes down the road friends Life With 5 Dogs) in the first 3 spots and then start blog hopping! Visit other blogs on the list and comment to give them some blog love. Then take a minute to follow them through Google Friend Connect – this is a good way to keep up with other blogs, but also lets us show support to each other! Please DO NOT list your giveaways here, links must be to either your homepage or your Thursday posting with your blog title. All others will be deleted.

2. When people comment on your blog and let you know they’re a part of Thankful FUR 3 Thursday, return the favor and follow them back. This way everyone gets traffic and followers out of participating, and it’s a win-win situation. We would think it was pawsome if you grabbed our Thankful FUR 3 Thursday button and post it on your blog and/or in a post but please don't feel obligated to do so! The more bloggers that find out about Thankful FUR 3 Thursday and participate, the better!

3. Remember, YOU can host the link list on your blog too! Just click “Get the code here…” at the bottom of the list on The Teacher's Pets blog!
I got lots of questions about that yummy bone I had the other day. It's a very rare but special treat. My mom is super particular about what we eat for meals and snacks, not that she takes those same precautious with her own diet! This is pure junk food and I love it!! It's a Red Barn Filled Rolled Rawhide and it's completely bad for you so I only get them now and then. But oh my dogness do we love those days! BOL! It's really crumbly so the typical rawhide choking concerns are moot.

Though I should take this opportunity to plug Miss Cali's all time favorite rawhide: Wholesome Hide USA Retriever Rolls. They are a much safer alternative to the usual rawhide rolls. She read about them in the Whole Dog Journal. They are made from one thick piece of rawhide, making them less of a choking hazard and longer lasting. In addition, they are from American cattle and 100% US made, which mom loves. They are free from dyes, flavoring, chemicals and other harmful processes. :: end commercial segment ::

You'd think Cali sells them the way she makes me post about them but I have to admit, they do grow on me. That is when mom deems it's appropriate for us to have one! Sheesh!

17 comments:

  1. ZOna,

    I will start hosting in a couple of weeks! I am very excited 'bouts it. :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I think I'm gonna have to read the blog hop rules again. Or haves mom look at it. But I think it sounds fun!

    And thank you for letting us know abouts your treats. My mom is skeered to give us rawhide but we LUVS them so much. So those might be something that makes mom not worry so much.

    Wiggles & WAgs,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zona, I just joined the hop, but not sure I did it right, sorry!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  4. You lucky pups - we don't usually get any kind of rawhide. Maybe after Mom reads this, we can get her to change her mind. You sure do make them look yummers.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woof! Woof! My first time to hear about his Thursday BLOG HOP. Will plan to join later.
    Will check out whole dog journal ... not allowed to have rawhide ... Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by on the Thursday blog hop... am following you now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a grrreat post. I am only allowed to have the crumble kind of raw hide stuffs. I DO REALLY LOVE CALI's type though beclaws... Made in the U.S.A. means a lot to us on my hill!!!
    I will see Sarge in just one more sleep. Don't worry... I'll be singin' your praises to him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are going to have to have mom read that one again later - she is sleepy today so she was like "huh"? But is sounds like it is fun and a good way to meet new bloggers.

    And we don't really eat rawhides (you know the whole cat thing and everything) but we have heard that they can be dangerous - it is good to know there are safe kinds out there - we can pass that info on to our doggie cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, is that one deelishuz looking nommie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you fur your hosting help fur the THANKFUL FUR 3 THURSDAY and I think your post mixed in with snacking advice is simply pawsome! I am furry sorry that my mom was unable to get the right linky fur readers to take with them to their bloggies butt my mom is technically challenged and she kept getting the wrong linky with red x's! She was sooo scared of Mr. Linky after trying to add the right one that she decided to use a simple one so that's probably why you didn't get many followers SO FAR. Soooo if you know which Mr. Linky Code is the right one fur next Thursday please tell me. My 5 Minutes Down The Road furiend, Life With 5 Dogs, called me 3x at the crack of down panicking that we were gonna have a crummy blog hop but I think you and Holly saved the day with your pawsome posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this particular blog hop before!

    My boys are very picky about their rawhides. They're small so they both only like small rawhide chews. They won't touch any of the larger ones. I buy some shaped like minature dog bones and give them one once a week. They love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. *hastily scribbles notes and points at them to Mom* Oh, I have got to try those!

    Congrats on being picked, too!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  13. I havae to talk to the Moms about those. Only thing is that they'd probably want me to let Franklin have one, too, and I have decreed that he doesn't get chewies.

    lotsa licks, Lola

    ReplyDelete
  14. Guess what Zona...I have nevers had nuttin of da sort until I gots some in a package...yea, I knows, can you believes it? But, once youve had 'em you nevers turn back again.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  15. miss zona,
    i've nevarrr had a rawhide roll before. hmmmm. i think i need to woof with mama about this. mama? mama! where are you??
    *woof*
    the booker man

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails