Monday, July 12, 2010

The One with the Balloon

Happy Monday! I hope all of my anipals had a great weekend! Things here at the park were pretty quiet. The two-leggers took it easy on Saturday. Mom even took a nap with us!! She's not a napper so this is always a special treat. Meanwhile, papa worked on the Argosy. One of the stabilizers broke on the way home from the last trip and it was time to fix that. He said we'll be heading out in a few weeks! That was exciting news!

On Sunday papa took down the plum tree. I have mixed feelings about this. My nemesis was SO close to the house most days that it was torturous! Mom would always scare him away before we would go out so that he had a head start. Can you believe that?

Anyway, the two leggers never liked having the fruit tree so close to the house - extra critters, extra smells, extra FLIES, extra mess!!! This year the tree was so full of fruit that most of the branches broke leaving a really jagged looking mess. See what I mean?

They decided instead of pruning it back and giving it a couple of years to recover, it was time to take it down.

This is the view from the deck BEFORE...

And AFTER...

Later that night, Cali took the two-leggers to the drive-in to console them. Two balloons flew over! We wondered if one of them was our friend Paul but they suspect it wasn't. This is the "definitely not Paul's balloon." See how close it came to the movie goers?

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish we had a drive in to go to around here! That would be so cool!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked seeing your house. I always dreamed of having a fruit tree, but I didn't realize the reality of the problems it could cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh geez, they tore down your fruit tree. Farewell fruit tree, it's been nice knowing ya. I bes a Preacher now so I can do that sorta thing.
    Dat balloon is super cool. Haves you ever driven a balloon? I supose you need a liscence to dat huh? Course dat never stops me...hehehe!!
    Zona, I thinks you and Maggie Mae has da most fabulous yards ever.
    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom has fond memories of going to the drive in when she was a kid. They are hard to find anymore.
    We dont have a fruit tree, but we have concord grapes climbing the pergola on the patio. Very pretty and tasty, but they attracted yellow jackets last year. Boo!

    Luv,
    Cloud

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know that while my auntie and Cuzin Bridger were here they went on a walkie and a balloon came down right in front of them on the STREET near our house! They were very much surprised. I'm glad that one didn't land on top of your pawrents and Cali.

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  6. We lost our tree (our one and only tree in our yard) in a big storm a few months ago. It was sad and now our yard is really sunny. I miss the shade!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun road trip to the drive in. Wonder if we saw the same balloon flying around . Nutty huh? Hope you had fun
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, I suppose we will NEVER hear the end of this PreacherSPEAK from Puddles.
    Zona... I posted a review of Sarge.. for YOU and for Morgan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zona,

    Your yard is so big! Isn't it nice to haves so much space to go zoomies in? We is very lucky pups!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  10. My cherry tree is not long fur this world either - I'm expekhting this winter's winds/etc might do it in -

    Mom has lots of fun drive-in memories!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zona, that looks more like a park than a yard. How beautiful it is. The balloon thingy was furry pretty, too. I've never seen one of those. It would be fun to see one in pawson sometime.

    lotsa licks, Lola

    ReplyDelete
  12. You still have a drive in. That is so cool.
    Love Ruby & Penny

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the balloon! Aren't drive in's cool? Not many around any more....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dats so cool about da movie and balloon! Did you bark at da balloon in order to protect your two-leggers?

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails