Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The One Where We Roast Puddles


As most of you know by now, since she’s been announcing it for about 258 days, Miss Puddles Duddles Marie Rainwater is turning TWO. Sam & Pippen thought the most appropriate celebration would be a roast!

I thought I would bring some sausages and maybe some marshmallows but I was told it wasn’t that kind of roast. Phoenix chuckled and gave me this…

Ingredients:
• 1 beef bottom round roast, about 3 to 4 pounds
• 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
• salt and pepper
• 3 to 4 slices bacon, cut in half crosswise
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 1 cup apple juice
• 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed beef broth
• 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
Preparation:

Rub bottom round beef roast with---- wait wait…


Mom said weeks ago that it wasn’t this kind of roast either. Besides, I couldn’t bear to roast Puddles’ bottom. It’s her best feature. We see it on her bloggie weekly!





So I looked online to see what a celebrity roast is all about. The Friar’s Club apparently has the best roasts. I do love fried things!

I’m not as good at the funnies as Puddles so my Puddles Roast is more of a Puddles… Tribute.

I haven’t known Puddles that long. But she’s taught me a lot so far.

She’s taught me geography.

I live in Virginia and it feels awfully north to me. Puddles said she lives in the south and that there are things like couches on porches. I have that in my area too… and not always on the porch, just sometimes right in the yard! Puddles said that would definitely be considered the south.

Puddles has taught me that drinking beer (or moonshine) makes any occasion more fun.

Or even fancy-shmancy drinks!

She has her very own train. It brings cases of beers right to her house!

Puddles has taught me how to clean the vets floors, how to model for pictures and even how to steal kibble from your sister.

She lives in a pretty dangerous place – she’s had to protect her family from widderbeasts and giant groundhogs! Even though mom doesn’t think all of these new lessons are as great as I do, we all agree that Puddles is a tough "character" and we wish her a most fantastical birthday!

28 comments:

  1. That was a lovely tribute and Puddles should love it. She sure does keep things interesting aroud here, doesn't she?

    lotsa licks, Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I think I may be more interested in that roast you describe ...the Puddles roast can wait until another day. Let's meet up and cook ourselves some beef!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zona,

    Puddles will luvs this for sure...grreat job!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zona!!!
    Great post and we think it is FUNNY good job!!
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tee hee hee! We've all learned a lot from Puddles, but I'm not sure our parents would approve!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job, Zona! After we finish roasting Puddles, let's go out back and roast that beef!

    Sam and Pippen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome roast! LOL! Be careful of the moonshine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh ZONA.... this was soooooo funny!! Great roasting of Puddles Duddles RainBarrel Butt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you did a Most Excellent job on the roastie, Zona! I, too, have learned a LOT from Puddles. (My mom wishes I hadn't learned so much really.)

    I thinks I'm gonna keep a running tally of all my furends who mention Puddles' butt or beer in their roast. I bet that will be all of 'em.

    wiggles & wags,
    mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just a wee bit speechless right nows....Ah, who am I kiddin', I'm nevers speechless...hehehe!
    And how everd did you gets a pikture of my house...oh wait, dats da neighbors house...hehehe! oKay, dat was hilarious!!!!!!
    Yep, I'm alls bout teaching my fellow friends things whether theys want to know or not. I just hopes they don't tells their pawrents.
    I thinks I will borrows your piks if you don't mind fur an upcoming pawty.
    Dis was a such a wonderful post!!!!!!!!!! I looooves it!

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zona what a great Roasting,I'm learning all the time about Puddles. Its great to get it from her freinds as she won't own up to half the things she does
    See Yea George xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

    Oh 'dis was super funnies!! love 'da couch on 'da roofs and 'dem weird toofer dogs!! Bahahaha!!!

    SNORTS!!! Very Classic Puddles!!

    loves,
    Izzy, Josie and Anakin Man

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh dat Puddles, we love her so...

    Luv,
    Cloud

    ReplyDelete
  14. Zona....This was too funny! I especially LOVED the Miller Lite Train BOL!!!

    And how did you two get on top of dat house?? I know Puddles must have needed helps climbing up with her short little legs!!!

    MinnaK

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just in case you don't know what to do now that you have that great recipe, please prepare it for us and let us know what time dinner is served.

    You really did an awesome job in celebrating Puddles - she is quite the special girl.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dem teefers is pawfect for our neighborhood! HEhehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved, loved, loved the picture of ya'll sitting on the rooftop couch! I'm talking Southern right now because that picture brought out the redneck in me (I was born in North Carolina) beclaws I used to have a Southern accent before I moved up to Yankee-ville (New Hampshire)!
    You are waaaay too funny, Zona!
    xoxo...Daisy the coonhound

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know Miss Puddles but have enjoyed reading all the roasts for her today. Yours is really funny!

    I love those dogs with the toofers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Zona - great roasting of our favorite birthday doxie!

    ReplyDelete
  20. PeeS - I fed your fish. I hope I didn't give them too much:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Zona!
    Great roasting! BOL BOL Very funny. I love the doggies with the goofy teeth. How do you suppose they got that couch on the roof? I'd like a couch in my backyard territory so I can guard against chipmunks in comfort. Anyway, great roast.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great tribute Zona. We've learnt alot from Puddles too.
    Love Ruby & Penny

    ReplyDelete
  23. Zona you did a wonderful job! It's so nice to meet you. Happy Puddles Day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. miss zona,
    grrreat post!! you just couldn't be more right like about miss puddles! she sure has taught us lots of stuff 'n thingies, but everytime i woof to my mama about them, i seem to get in trouble??
    oh, and that roast recipe looks super delish!!
    *woof*
    the booker man

    ReplyDelete
  25. pee s -- those doggies with the buck toothies and the missing toothies are giving me the giggles so bad!! heeheehee!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love it! That roast recipe sure sounded wonderful.

    {{{huggies}}}...Mona

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails