Monday, June 14, 2010

The One with Ripe Plums

:: yawn :: What an early morning! Mom was up before the sun to head into the office today. As usual, I get up whenever she gets up. She needs supervision, whether it be on a midnight bathroom break or a 4:15 a.m. wake up call. I help her pick out her clothes and then run out to turn the motion light on for her. Then I try my best not to cry when she leaves. Sometimes I fail and sometimes I'm so sleepy, I push her out the door and jumped back in bed! See my "get-to-work" face?

Mom says it my creepy, mind-control look but, hey, a puppy has to do what a puppy has to do when it comes to getting yummy food in our bowls and a nice roof over our heads! Tomorrow will be easier since papa comes home tonight!! So when I send her off to work, I can snuggle with papa until a more reasonable hour. Then mom will be home the rest of the week! Telecommuting is one of my favoritest things.

This morning was a little different. First mom woke up at 3am and decided to read. Crazy, right? Something about not being able to sleep. Well, around 3:45 we all barked up a storm at something out the sliding glass door. (This is foreshadowing.) So around 4:15, mom got up to get ready for her work day... and let me out to potty, as usual. I came back in smelling of... skunk. Apparently this is NOT a good thing. I got a bath immediately. It was still too dark for her to determine what happened out there. She ended up leaving for work late even though she was up so early. That'll teach her! And the best part?? Even after the bath, I still smell it a little bit. BOL! ---- Phoenix just told me I'm in for it tonight - Bath City. Argh! Maybe I'll smell up the house while she's at work to save the perfume as long as I can. (Papa, mom kept saying the whole time that you jinxed her with talk of this very thing on Saturday in the pool.)

Since both two-leggers are at work, I figured I'd take care of a little blog business. First, my friend Frankie Flirter has announced a Name Game in the DWB-world. He has proposed that on July 4, we all post the story of how we got our name. Tell your friends to join in too! What a fun way to get to know each other better and I bet there are some great stories out there! He says it with much more pizazz than this so pop over and visit him.

Since mom was lazy, In the interest of time, we skipped the homemade countdown clock this go-around. I might have to build one if the Flash Gadget site goes down again but for now I direct your attention to the sidebar... a big surprise is scheduled for late summer... I can hardly wait! I have to be sure to keep Cali away from the blog - she's dying to blab!

Phoenix is preoccupied. She's waiting for my nemesis to show up for breakfast. All day yesterday he was dining on plums that are apparently now ripe RIGHT OUTSIDE THE WINDOW! It was pure torture.

11 comments:

  1. Skunk! Wow, you have such excitement right in your yard. All I got is squirrels and the occasional bunny who won't even come visit me. Lucky Zona!

    wags, Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coulds you haves Cali text me...you know since her is da blabber mouth...I am sooooo dieing to know what you is talking bout.
    Now Im thinking somebuddy might be having a most luverly tomater baff in da near future...hehehehe! OMD...a skunk!
    Puddles
    PEES: my mum gets up at that un-holy hour too and she don't even work...hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woof! Woof! I like to play with my peeps pajamas in the morning when they get ready. WOW! that's a good photo of the squirrel. YES I know about Frankie's Name Game ... will definitely participate. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom gets up before the sun as well. Frankly, I don't think she gets enough sleep, but she doesn't listen to me. I wonder what skunk smells like? We don't have any around here - just possums and raccoons - but I don't really go out after dark so I don't have to deal with them.

    I like the name game idea!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're going to have to give us hints if you're going to taunt us like this!

    Mom asked if your mom has the recipe for the special skunk shampoo. It's easy to make and it does take the stink right off. I will do my best to keep her from sending it to you!

    You are lucky to have your people home so much!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea!!! you got to wear Eau de SKunk??? Lucky you. Well, except for the baff(s) part. I had one fur a furend one summer. We liked to walk together in my thicket. Butt he finally quit coming to see me. I think it was beclaws of all that screaming my did every time he was here. He never did let me wear his charming smell though.
    Thanks for putting out the NameGame word. I'm thinkin' this is gonna be a really fun thingy.
    Your mom surely does get up early. I don't think she should disturb your rest that way. Maybe you should give her a bowl of warm milk and a milkbone before you take her to bed at night. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got SKUNKED!? Whoa! I've heard stories but I never knew anybuddy in real life who gots skunked. You're like my hero! Sorry about the B.A.T.H. though. But it was prolly worth it.

    So, um, you know...you and me...we're pretty close. And so just feels free to gives me a call or an email or something and lets me know what your big surprise is. I promise not to tell a soul. Except Puddles. Cuz she's my BFF and all. And I'm sure SHE wouldn't tell anybuddy either.

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Skunks stink! That is why I am not allowed in Zone 3 at our house. I hope you got it all out of your fur....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for telling us moms secrets. Wonder if those strinkers are what you saw in the middle of the night. It sounds like you are scheduled for a few more baths and a bit of perfume. BOL...bet you are getting all excited to see your Paw since he is coming home today.
    Have fun
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo have some great khritters in your yard!

    Thanks fur sharing the fun with us!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMD, that is our Mom's worst fear - can you just imagine trying to get that smell out of the super thick coat on Thunder Dunder? And we do have skunks in the area - our association president is on the rampage because he got a complaint that someone in the neighborhood is feeding a family of those stinky critters!!! How stupid can they be!!!

    Glad to see from the next post that that special ladies' formula works so well - we have had our secretary file that piece of info.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails