Friday, June 25, 2010

The One with the Long Drive

I'm sorry I've been neglecting my bloggie these last few days. On Wednesday I was helping mom pack up the Airstream to head north. We had a friend who came to help but then spent most of the time dining on fallen plums!!

So Wednesday evening papa got home and we all hopped in the truck and towed the moving house northbound. About two hours from our overnight stop, I started to feel a little funny in the tummy. I usually sleep in the car and don't even like to get out for potty breaks so when I sat at attention and kept "knocking" on the car door like I do at home, mom knew something was up. Let's just say I had bowel distress (edited for my sensitive readers). It made for a long ride and a long night.

Papa was proud of how well I was able to alert him and not have any accidents even though sometimes we had to dash outside FAST! This was in the overnight hours at a Walmart parking lot after he had been awake for 463997 hours traveling back from London. I love my papa. He didn't complain at all!!

By yesterday afternoon it had tapered off a bit but I was still suffering and it turned bloody. Mom being mom freaked out.

Luckily, my hero, Dr. Mitchell was available and calmed mom down. She asked her to find a pharmacy that would be open at that hour (6:30 p.m.) so she could call in a prescription. As luck would have it, a local pharmacist is here at the rally and kindly jetted off to his drugstore to pick up the medicine for me. Wasn't that nice??

Then since word travels fast in our Airstream family, everyone came to be sure I was okay. Including TWO vets who are also at the rally! Mom felt much relieved after knowing so many people were willing to help. I was a bit overwhelmed by the attention since I'm not completely comfortable with two-leggers. But when mom calmed down, so did I and then so did my big sister Cali. She worries about me and when she went outside and discovered the blood mom was standing over, she got pretty upset. She's very sensitive.

The good news is that I've started my medicine and am now over 24 hours without incident. Mom said I'll have to go to see Dr. Mitchell when we get home even if I seem completely better though.

Since mom has been making sure I rest and don't overdo it, I haven't been allowed to visit your blogs for a couple of days. I'm sorry. I'll try to catch up this weekend! Despite my tummy trouble, I'm feeling fine - hungry and active - so this rally has been a lot of fun. So many different smells and sights!

I'll post more tomorrow with a link to some photos! Airstreams are still rolling in today but by this evening we should have NINETY rigs!


12 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, Zona! I'm glad you're okay now! I'm glad you still got to enjoy the rally and that everyone was really nice to you!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling all better by now. How handy that you're at thing with vets and a pharmacist. That couldn't have worked out any better, could it? Have a great time and most impawtently, take care of yourself and feel better.

    wags, Lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Zona, Sooooo sorry that your Poop Shooter went wild on you. I had that happen on Va=Kay not long ago. I know how hard it was for you to "hold it". You are lucky you have such grrreat pawrents (like I do) who understand these thingys.
    How wonderful that you had the PERFECT Airstream neighbors to check on you and to get your meds. Stay well and enjoy the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take the meeds and let al those good people take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, miss zona, i'm sorry your tummy decided to go all wonky on your road trip. that is no funsies at all. :( i'm super glad your mama was able to talk to your vet and that there were lots of nice people at the rally to help you. i'm also way super glad that you are feeling the betterment, and i hope you will be back to 100% very very soon like! enjoy the rest of your trip!
    *woof*
    the booker man

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zona, we hope you are tip top in no time. It's just awful to be sick and away from home. Have a grrrrreat time on your trip!

    Woofs and Kisses!
    The Fiesty Three

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohmidogness! Poor you, Zona! It's no fun to haves tummy troubles but specially when you're on the road. I'm Most Glad you're feeling better and I hopes you have a good time on the rest of your trip!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zona, we are so happy to hear that you are doing better now - great work on your parents' part to take swift action. Hope you can all enjoy the rest of your trip.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zona
    You are lucky that mom knows you so well and your doc called in a script. I think your trip looks super fun! And now you can enjoy it! woot woot
    norwood

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Zona, what an adventure? What do they think is wrong with your tummy? Did you eat some bad food on your trip?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry Zoza, that your tummy didn't feel well!
    We are happy to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My sister Jada has that happen when she's in new situations. Like when we first came with Mom and Dad and when she had to have surgery at the vet. Luckily is usually calms down once she's back in a place she feels safe!

    So glad to hear you on the mend!

    Wags!

    Mr. Nubbin'

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails