Friday, June 18, 2010

The One with Friendly Friday

This has been passed around among some of my two legger friends lately so I present this to you on ...

IF I Didn’t Have a Dog….

I could walk around the yard barefoot in safety.

My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.

All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of hair.

When the doorbell rings, it wouldn’t sound like a kennel.

When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading through fuzzy bodies who beat me there.

I could sit on the couch and my bed the way I wanted, with out taking into consideration how much space several fur bodies
would need to get comfortable.

I would have money and no guilt to go on a real vacation.

I would not be on a first-name basis with six veterinarians, as I put their yet unborn grandkids through college.

The most used words in my vocabulary would not be: out, sit, down, come, no, stay, and leave it ALONE.

My house would not be cordoned off into zones
with baby gates or barriers.

I would not talk ‘baby talk’:
‘Eat your din din’ ‘Yummy yummy for the tummy.’

My house would not look like a day care center, toys everywhere.

My pockets would not contain things like poop bags,
treats and an extra leash.

I would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L, W-A-L-K, T-R-E-A-T, O-U-T, G-O, R-I-D-E, C-O-O-K-I-E.

I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside.

I would not look strangely at people who think having ONE
dog ties them down too much.

I’d look forward to spring and the rainy season instead
of dreading ‘mud’ season.

I would not have to answer the question ‘Why do you have so many animals?’ from people who will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionally by someone as close
to an angel as they will ever get.

How EMPTY my life would be!!!

14 comments:

  1. Puddles mum here....
    That is the most fabulous thing I have ever read. I haven't seen it so I am so thankful you posted it. I can relate to every single line...leaves in my house, first name basis with the vets (know their phone #'s by heart-home and office), the doorbll won't even go there. So many more I could tell you about but I wouldn't want to bore you.
    Thanks for postting this
    Allison...Puddles mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so true and my Moms and Daddy would agree whole heartedly.

    wags, Lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. hhahahhahah...bol...good one lady
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. True, true, and true.

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo know it!

    What evFUR would they do without us?!?!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so very true! It takes a lot of work to train humans, but when you get it right, it's so rewarding!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy blog hopping! Thank dog we have dogs in our lives:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy blog hopping! I love meeting new buddies and now I am following you too! - Cleo

    ReplyDelete
  9. yup, miss zona, life would be super boring for our hoomans without us doggies. :)
    *woof*
    the booker man

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww...that's very much sweet. My mom is pretty sure some of the peoples she knows thinks she's the Crazy Pet Lady cuz there are 2 doggies and 2 kittehs who lives here. What do they know anyway?

    Wiggles & WAgs,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mom says she has never been without at least one dog in her life except for the first seven months of her marriage to Dad when they lived in an apt. that wouldn't allow dogs. She never wants to be without one again:) That makes us very happy.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't this the truth! I love your "ears in transition" piece too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woof! Woof! Very NICE. Golden Thanks for sharing. Happy BLOG HOP Weekend. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a new follower of the Saturday Pet Blogger follow, please follow me back.
    Thanks, Mr. Monkey

    http://laughingmonkeystick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails