Thursday, May 27, 2010

The One with Stella

Thanks for all of your nice comments about Wally & Stella! Yes, they are both boys. BOL! They were young when we adopted them and were SURE that Stella was a girl. Alas, she is a he! If there can be a Boy Named Sue... there can be a Boy Named Stella, right??


The two-leggers ALWAYS watch us with them but, I have to say, they love us. They came from different homes but were both raised in kennels with dogs and seemed to take comfort in our company when they came to live here. You can read about their story in the Meet My Pack section, they're toward the bottom of the page. The two-leggers know Wally & Stella can't be unsupervised with us but they try to get some "face time" in now and then in case of a surprise meeting, as we had yesterday.

Today was a slow day. Thus the virtual repeat of yesterday's post. Mom was at work and papa was getting ready for work. We snoozed mostly. Gotta get ready for the long weekend, you know? What do you all have planned? Any BBQs? I LOVE BBQ!

I uploaded this video of the two big fish papa caught yesterday just for you, Rodger! I can't believe I missed it. Boat's too small.. what a terrible excuse!


Click play arrow to view video.

Don't forget to stop by Miss Mayzie's blog to vote
in her Dee-En-Ay contest - you can win prizes and
help raise money for a great charity!

8 comments:

  1. I don't think I realized that Stella was a boy. It just goes to show you - never assume.

    It was pawsome of you and your humans to match Mayzie's contribution to rescues. That was above and beyond and a wonderful thing.

    wags, Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. sshhhhh...we won't tell a soul
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, so, I hates to ask this but, um, how can you TELL the difference betweens a boy duck and a girl duck? Or maybe I just don't wanna know.

    Anyways, I think Stella is just a lovely...um, I mean...manly name for a boy duck.

    I think it's most wonderful how you all gets along!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness (I've been saying that a lot lately because the blogs I've been reading have been soooo shocking and soooo funny), you have 2 ducks as furriends and you adopted them? And on top of it all, your mom likes the show FRIEND's? This is cute information overload and I have to calm myself down before I write one more comment! And....your dad has vintage airstreams? I cannot take it anymore....you guys are awesome and I never knew there were so many people out there with the same tastes as I have until now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BIG fish! Have fun at the BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Zona, I think that you are soooo special. You are going to Match all of Mayzie's green papers for the shelter!!!! Wonderful and soooo generous.
    I see that you have one of those super duper silver bullet camper thingys!! You should hop in it and come to my Lake. They have two campgrounds. I don't get to stay there though. We don't have a camper any more, plus... I only live 20 mins. away.
    So anyway... I just wanted to tell you that I think what you are doing is the bestest. Now I'm gonna shoot over to see how the guesses are coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Furst I wnat to say that ya'll is very special and good hearted fur joining in on Mayzie's contest.
    Now I personally thinks it's kind of weird to haves ducks as pets...but then again, IAM kind of a weird girl myself...hehehe!
    Hopes you all haves a wonderful weekend.
    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi- We were just visiting Remington & thought we'd drop by & visit you. We enjoyed our visit & will stop by from time to time. We like visitors & meeting new furiends. Stop by &visit sometime if you'd like. Stella is a good name. He should be proud of it.
    Wags
    Ernie,Sasha,Chica

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails