Sunday, May 9, 2010

The One With the Poem

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Last year, I wrote a post to my mom's mom and grandma... and got a wee bit of flak for leaving my own mom out of the mix!! So I dug around and found this poem for all the doggy mom's out there. Mom says that every day is Mother's Day for her since we always shower her with love but I'll try to get in some extra snuggles today since I know she loves that!

You feed me when I'm hungry,
You keep water in my dish,
You let me sleep on anything,
Or in any place I wish.

You sometimes let me lick your hands
or even lick your face,
Despite the fact I've licked myself
In every private place.

You taught me how to come when called
You taught me how to sit,
You always let me go outside
So I can take a stroll.

You'll always have my loyalty
up to the bitter end,
'cause after all, it's plain to see
You're my best friend.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 comments:

  1. That was one of the most best poems I have ever ever read in my whole entire life, Zona! I luved it! And the reason I luved it is cuz it's so true. My mom is just exactly that way!

    Please tell your mom that Brudder Ranger and me said Happy Mother's Day!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful piece of poetry, Zona. I love it. I guess I'm extra lucky to have two moms and they both do all those things for me and so much more.

    Happy Mothers Day to your Mom and all your family.

    wags, Lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day Crazy Dog Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. miss zona,
    heehee, i looove that poem! please tell your mama happy mother's day from me and my big sis asa!!
    *woof*
    the booker man

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zona,
    That is the most perfectest poem! Mommas are wonderful creatures. I sure am glad we are allowed to keep them as pets! Tell your Mom happy belated Mother's Day from me!
    Snuggles,
    Twix
    PS: I really liked your flower photos from earlier post.

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails