Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The One with the Boarder

Happy Tuesday, friends!


This morning my ducks were perplexed.

Earlier in the week they had an unexpected guest drop by and he's still hanging around. They're not sure what the protocol is as hosts... is this just an extended visit? Has he moved in? Should they charge rent? Split up the chores? They decided he's too small to pay rent so they gave him a few chores, such as "discourage" the bugs that pass through.

The arrangement seems to be working out well so far!

Speaking of boarders, BOTH of my two-leggers were home today. Mom had to work - gotta fill our food bowls, 'ya know? - but papa was able to play with us a bit. I took a video of my all time favorite game (next to chase) but it came out too dark, which I didn't realize until it was time to blog. SO... here's an older video to remind you how much I love to play hide-and-seek. The bonus is if you watch closely, you'll catch a glimse of sweet Ginger the Wonder Dog.

Papa then did some work polishing the Airstream.

We were not sure when to expect the men to come back to do some work on the barn so Phoenix kept an eye out for activity in the driveway.

Hehe... she's not much taller than that pesky dandelion behind her! I guess that's why she prefers to stand near the buttercups.

Her short stature makes Stella laugh. Not Wally though. Wally would never laugh at Little Phoeny. Not with the humongous crush he has on her. But he IS smirking though...

By the end of the afternoon the men arrived so we were banished to the house... so here I am. It was just as well. Cali was getting hot and it's no secret I'm shy around new two-leggers!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure the new boarder will make himself useful. He can serenade you, maybe. It's always a pretty nice day when the folks are home.

    wags, Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. stella and wally have a froggie friend! how cool! i like little froggies. it's fun to poke them with your schnoz and then watch them hop super duper high in the air. heehee!
    by the way, i'm trying to convince my mama and daddy that they should let me have a duckie or two or twelve cuz i just looove duckies. it's not working, though. boohoo.
    i've nevarrr thought to play hide 'n seek with my hoomans! that is such a good idea, zona!!
    *woof*
    the booker man
    *woof*
    the booker man

    ReplyDelete
  3. heeeey! this bloggie thingie went all weirdo on me and pawed my name twice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know my furend, Norwood? I thinks you should consult with him on the boarder. He's quite the expert on frogs.

    Sigh. I'm still SO jealous you have a duckie brudder and sister. Do you ever gets to play with them or are they for looking-at only?

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, for the comments, everyone! Makes me feel so loved! They do serenade us sometimes, Lola, especially after a nice rain. Haha.. Booker.. these world wide webs can be funny sometimes! Mayzie, my brudder ducks are actually both BOYS. When Stella arrived we thought he was a girl and then.. well.. we realized he is NOT a girl at all but the name stuck. They're mostly for visiting with quietly or a game of chase me around the fence. Being calm is extra important if we're all out on the grass without a fence to separate us - they don't know how to play, I'm afraid. They LOVE Phoenix though so they'll chase her most. I'll post a video one of these days to show us all in action. I'm going to go introduce myself to Norwood right now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails