Monday, September 7, 2009

The One with Lake Ontario

I know I've had some complaints about my lagging posts lately. This summer has been so busy! It's hard to believe it's been a week since I last blogged! We went to a wonderful Airstream gathering this weekend. It was held at Southwick Beach State Park in New York on the shore of the beautiful Lake Ontario! Mom said I could consider Canada a place I've been since I played in the lake a little bit. I'm not sure if that's cheating but I'll count it!

It was a long drive for us so we did our first "Walmart Courtesy Parking" well after sunset.


We pulled in around 10:30 p.m., had a light snack and went quickly to sleep. Around 3:30, several jet planes landed in the parking lot. Now when you ask mom and papa, they will tell you it was not planes but, in fact, a street cleaner. This alleged cleaning machine spent about 30 minutes circling the Argosy. When we woke in the morning, the parking lot was just as dirty as when we went to sleep so I think it must have been planes. It was loud enough!!

The view of Walmart in the morning - through the fog!

Despite heavy fog, we headed to the campsite early. The weather this weekend was absolutely perfect! The days were warm but not sweltering and the nights were wonderfully cool - great sleeping weather! Cali had a wonderful time and only needed her inhaler once, mostly as prevention.

video
Click the play arrow to view video.

Airstream folks are some of my favorite people. I was nervous at first, of course, but really settled in nicely! In fact, Saturday all of us went to Boldt Castle. You should check out the story of Boldt Castle - it's fascinating! The castle is on an island only accessible by boat so we all boarded a ferry for the quick journey. That was a bit frightening but mostly exciting. Mom and papa were so proud of how well we behaved on the boat and around an alarming number of people both waiting for the ferry and on the island.

On the ferry back, we ran into a few of our friends, which made me feel really secure having familiar faces around
after the long day!

On Sunday, we hung around camp mostly. The two-leggers went to a local flea market and then we all went on a long walk on the beach with my new friends: Cedar, a very sweet Rottweiler-mix (I think we're kindred spirits) and her mom, Deborah. Cedar and Cali were having so much fun in the water that it gave me the confidence to give it a try.

We had a great time cooling off in the lake and splashing about now and then along our walk.

video
Click the play arrow to view video.

Phoenix of course had a grand time digging in the sand.

video
Click the play arrow to view video.

Today we're heading back home. It's always hard to leave such a fun place but I'm told we're going out in the Argosy again in a few weeks! Let the countdown begin!! In the meantime, click here to see more pictures from this weekend.

0 comments:

Woofs!

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails