Saturday, July 4, 2009

The One with Independence Day

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A happy Independence Day to all! The fireworks began here last night and I expect more to continue this evening. My heart goes out to my friends who are frightened by the loud, sudden racket. Please keep your animals safe inside!


Though it is confusing, I'm happy to report that the noise is not alarming to me or my pack. This might seem surprising considering my cautious nature. Interestingly, there have been reports that cortisol levels decrease when canines are in the presence of other dogs. Maybe I have my sisters to thank for my serene state of mind when fireworks boom around me.

Enough of this science - it's time to celebrate our country's freedom and to thank those who work to maintain it for us. Click on the yellow ribbon for info on how you can help!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This talk of freedom reminds me that I recently added a blog to my Blog Roll at the bottom of my page: Friends of Greyhounds.
Check it out!

0 comments:

Woofs!

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails