Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The One Where the Status Quo is Restored

Miss Mesa has left the building!
No more special meatballs from Aunt Katie!



Their room has returned to being mom's boring dressing room. All afternoon papa would walk in there and call out, "Mesa!!" I would run in every time to find her only to realize papa was tricking me - again. Usually I'm sharper than that. I'm going to blame it on lack of sleep. Mom and Aunt Katie kept me up until 1:00 a.m. only to get me up again at 3:45 a.m. to say goodbye! They spent most of that time laughing and doing their nails. Two-leggers - sheesh! Mom's toes do look fancy, thanks to Aunt Katie's handy work!

I went back to bed when the trio left but woke again when papa got up a short while later to leave for work too. So it was just us pups again. Stacey came to visit, which was nice. We haven't seen her in so long with this crazy summer schedule! Aunt Katie and Mesa touched down safely in Arizona around noon, Papa was able to get home early and mom was back by 3:30. Not a bad day!

Mom took some pictures in the yard while we played a rousing game of chase outside.

The chestnut tree looks promising!
The latest growth on the Prickly pear.
Mom's view as she reclined on the swing.
Phoenix's view from the swing.

0 comments:

Woofs!

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails