Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The One with the Happy Birthday

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Today is a very special day. Today is my papa’s birthday!! As some of you know, I’ve taken to writing birthday tributes to my favorite two-leggers.

Papa’s birthday is so special to me that I don't know where to start! There are many, many qualities we love about him. For instance, papa is tons of fun. He plays chase with me, he hides while I seek, he lets me sit on his lap (despite my unconventional size) and, most recently, takes us for long walks on the beach! Papa protects all of us and does everything to be sure we’re safe and happy. What more could a shy, puppy want??

Mom loves papa too. It's no secret that without papa's expertise in the kitchen, mom would likely starve! Or at least end up in the poor house from having to eat out all the time! Aside from keeping her belly full, which is no small task, papa can't seem to say no to mom. Whatever she wants, he makes happen! A house full of dogs - check. A big yard with a mountain view - check. Chocolates directly from Switzerland - check. She's been told she's spoiled and she has to agree.

Papa is kind and thoughtful - and not only with us and mom! He's always considering others and doing what is right.

I've mentioned before that there is seemingly nothing papa can't do. He certainly has a knack for picturing a structure and building it or finding a solution to a perplexing problem or creating a faster, more efficient way for something to work - MacGyver-style!

Despite being so brainy, he is still down-to-earth and has a great sense of humor. My two-leggers are always laughing! Sure makes it fun!

There are so many things to say about my beloved papa but he's rounding us all up for a game of chase on the sand! I know there will be other occasions I can brag about how great he is.


Happy Birthday, papa!


Thanks for taking us to the beach to celebrate!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

0 comments:

Woofs!

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails