Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The One with the Prayers

Today was bittersweet. It was Inauguration Day. I say bittersweet because, well, we all know who Ginger voted for in November! But it went very smoothly and seemingly without incident. I am grateful for that! I will pray for an equally smooth term.

Also bittersweet today: Rodger went in for his procedure. Unfortunately, they were unable to place the stents from what I gather. I'm not sure what the next step is but I did overhear that he will have more medicine to take. The good news his he is doing well and will go home tomorrow. I will pray the medicine is helpful and gives him some relief!

Speaking of more medicine, Ginger has started the extra seizure medication. So far she's a little disoriented in the yard and the incontinence has returned. (Thankfully mom got a big box of Chux to get us through the accidents. They are real carpet savers!) The focal activity is still several times a day, in fact I would say it's increased since the last grand mal. We're all hoping these are just side effects of the new medication or the last seizure and she'll level out again. For the most part she's the same old Ginger and that's what we all want. I'm not sure what the next step is for her either. I will pray she continues to have more good days than bad days.

In addition, I found out today that the Crazy Cat Lady had a car accident yesterday during our snowy weather. Ironically she was coming back from having her achy knee looked at by a doctor. Now she has numerous aches and pains. But, despite cars being totaled, she and the passengers in the other vehicle are all doing fine and without major injury. I will say a prayer of thanks! And a quick prayer that insurance helps and that they find a good deal on a new car!


0 comments:

Woofs!

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails