Friday, October 31, 2008

The One with the Halloween Party

Monkey here - sorry for the late post but we've been a little buzzed on pretzels, as you suspected. It was a pretty quiet Howl-o-ween here in the country - no trick-or-treaters. Although Panzie, the neighbors' beagle, did stop by for a quick visit earlier. She was not in costume.

Papa stopped home for a quick overnight visit too. He was home last night and it was wonderful! We all miss him a lot when he's gone, especially mom. I join her and Phoenix on the bed when he's away to keep them company. Anyway, last night he brought home my beloved pretzels and was, in my opinion, over excited about foam. Yes, foam. He is in the final planning stages for his hunting trip to Montana. He's going with his friend Cam, who works for a company that - now forgive me because I'm not too clear on the specifics - manufactures things such as cases and uses specialized equipment to cut high quality foam to custom fit things, such as military equipment and, most recently, papa's rifle and walking stick for the hunting trip. Papa was thrilled with how well it turned out and talked at length about how accurate the lasers are (from a photo of the rifle, the computer was able to calculate exactly where the laser should make the cuts - like magic!) and the walking stick has a special Velcro holder, etc. etc. To be honest, the smell of pretzels had me a bit distracted so it's a bit fuzzy. I do know that he is very grateful to Cam and the man who worked on the case. The trip is in eight days so the excitement is certainly building!




Exciting, huh? :: yawn :: Planning for the trip has been fun though! We take lots of walks around the yard and in the field. The two-leggers have a bit of trouble keeping up with me though, which is why they do some training on the side. They've been hiking up Skyline Drive. Mom wimps out and walks unencumbered but papa has a backpack weighed down with dumbbells to help him get used to the weight of his pack for the trip.

Well, time to turn in - big day planned tomorrow. Ginger goes to the vet for a checkup and one of us will tag along to keep her company, hopefully Cali. Papa will be back tomorrow and is off for a couple of days so I'm going to put some hide-and-seek sessions in his Google Calendar before I turn in tonight.

PS - as promised I got into the perfume today so I had to get a bath. Argh! Mom and I have a real difference of opinion on what I should smell like. And I just heard her griping that Cali followed my lead so she has a date with the tub too! Haha... we like to keep her busy when papa's away! :)

0 comments:

Woofs!

Speak!

Related Posts with Thumbnails